Connect with us

News

Blair Underwood and Desiree DaCosta divorce after 27 years of marriage

Published

on

Blair Underwood and Desiree DaCosta are divorcing after 27 years of marriage.

The “Sex and the City” hunk and DaCosta made the announcement in a joint statement shared to Instagram on Sunday.

“After a tremendous amount of thought, prayer & work on ourselves individually & collectively, we have come to the conclusion to end our marriage that began 27 years ago,” the statement read.

“It has truly been a beautiful journey,” they continued.

JAY CUTLER REPORTEDLY WANTS HALF OF KRISTIN CAVALLARI’S BRAND IN DIVORCE

The pair went on to praise their three children, sons Paris, 24, and Blake, 19, and daughter Brielle, 22.

“Our proudest achievements are our three incredible children. Three souls to which God entrusted us,” they wrote. “We continue to be awed & humbled by the blessings of parenting. We have always put their best interests first & will continue to do so. We will continue to be the best of friends and co-parents and have the utmost respect for one another as we embark upon this new chapter of our lives, separately.”

Actor Blair Underwood and his wife Desiree DaCosta are splitting after 27 years of marriage. 

Actor Blair Underwood and his wife Desiree DaCosta are splitting after 27 years of marriage. 
(Steve Granitz/WireImage)

Underwood gushed about his daughter’s graduation from USC earlier this month.

The statement concluded, “We thank you all for your support throughout the years & we humbly ask for privacy & understanding during this new season of change.”

LISA MARIE PRESLEY IS DIVORCED FROM MICHAEL LOCKWOOD 5 YEARS AFTER SPLIT

Underwood, 56, previously told Page Six that DaCosta was the reason he took his iconic role as Dr. Robert Leeds on “Sex and the City.”

He said, “When the offer came in, I mentioned it to my wife and she’s like, ‘No, you need to do that. Why are you even pausing? You want to go do that.’ I thank her for that.”

Continue Reading

News

Ex-defense secretary sues over withheld material from Trump era memoir | Trump administration

Published

on

The former US defense secretary Mark Esper claims in a lawsuit against the defense department that material is being improperly withheld from him as he seeks to publish an “unvarnished and candid memoir” of his time in Donald Trump’s cabinet.

The lawsuit, which was filed on Sunday in the US district court in Washington, describes the memoir, A Sacred Oath, as an account of Esper’s tenure as army secretary from 2017 to 2019 and his 18 months as defense secretary, which ended when Trump fired him in a tweet just days after the president lost his reelection bid.

The period in which Esper was Pentagon chief was “an unprecedented time of civil unrest, public health crises, growing threats abroad, Pentagon transformation, and a White House seemingly bent on circumventing the Constitution”, the lawsuit says.

Esper and Trump were sharply divided over the use of the military during civil unrest in June 2020 following the killing of George Floyd. Other issues led the president to believe Esper was not sufficiently loyal while Esper believed he was trying to keep the department apolitical. Firing a defense secretary after an election loss was unprecedented, but the opening allowed Trump to install loyalists in top Pentagon positions as he continued to dispute his election loss.

The lawsuit contends that “significant text” in the memoir, scheduled for publication by William Morrow in May, is being improperly held under the guise of classification and that Esper maintains it contains no classified information. The suit notes that Esper is restricted by his secrecy agreements from authorising publication without Pentagon approval, or face possible civil and criminal liability.

The lawsuit quotes from a letter Esper sent to the defense secretary, Lloyd Austin, criticising the review process. He wrote that he had been asked not to quote Trump and others in meetings, not to describe conversations he had with Trump, and not to use certain verbs or nouns when describing historical events.

The letter describes other problematic subjects and says about 60 pages of the manuscript contained redactions at one point. Agreeing to all of those redactions would result in “a serious injustice to important moments in history that the American people need to know and understand”, Esper wrote.

The suit itself says some accounts Esper relates in the manuscript under consideration appeared to have been leaked to some mainstream media “possibly to undermine the impact” it would have had in his book.

Pentagon spokesperson John Kirby said the department was aware of Esper’s concerns. “As with all such reviews, the department takes seriously its obligation to balance national security with an author’s narrative desire. Given that this matter is now under litigation, we will refrain from commenting further,” he said in a statement.

Esper, 57, a West Point graduate and Gulf war veteran, said in a statement that he had waited for six months for the review process to play out but found “my unclassified manuscript arbitrarily redacted without clearly being told why”.

“I am more than disappointed the current administration is infringing on my first amendment constitutional rights. And it is with regret that legal recourse is the only path now available for me to tell my full story to the American people,” he said.

Continue Reading

News

Covid: 12 more test positive at Thane old age home in Thane, tally touches 67 | Mumbai news

Published

on

Twelve more people tested positive for the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) at an old age home in Maharashtra’s Thane district.

With this, the total figure of infected patients in Matoshree old age home in the district’s Bhiwandi taluka climbed to 67, a report by news agency ANI said.

“Around 67 people, including five staff members, were found Covid-19 positive at an old age home in the Bhiwandi area of Thane district,” said Dr Kailash Pawar, civil surgeon of Thane Civil Hospital, adding that of them 59 had been fully vaccinated against virus.

On Sunday, officials said that 55 people were found to be infected at the old age home. The district administration has already declared Sorgaon village in Bhiwandi Taluka, where the facility is located, as a containment zone.

Among the patients, 41 were found to be suffering from co-morbidities, the district administration said in a statement on Sunday.

Thane has so far recorded nearly 5,70,000 cases and 11,581 deaths due to the coronavirus disease. On Sunday, 108 cases were reported while there was no report of fatality.

Besides the Covid-19 cluster in the old age home in the Bhiwandi area, Thane is also staring at a possible outbreak of the omicron variant.

A resident of the Dombivali area in the district, who came back from South Africa on November 24, has tested positive for Covid-19. An official said it is not yet confirmed whether the man was carrying the variant.

The man didn’t come in contact with anyone after returning from South Africa, Dr Pratiba Panpatil, medical officer of the Kalyan-Dombivali Municipal Corporation (KDMC), told reporters on Sunday.

Dr Panpatil said the patient has been admitted to the Art Gallery isolation centre of the KDMC.

Meanwhile, the Maharashtra government is likely to impose a seven-day institutional quarantine for passengers arriving directly from South Africa or transiting through the country.

(With agency inputs)

Continue Reading

News

Emmerdale teases Aaron Dingle’s exit plot after murder as Danny Miller quits ITV soap

Published

on

Emmerdale’s Aaron Dingle actor Danny Miller recently quit the ITV soap after 13 years in the role, and now his final scenes may have been teased

Video Loading

Video Unavailable

Emmerdale: Meena brutally murders Ben

Emmerdale has teased Aaron Dingle’s exit storyline on the ITV soap, following a devastating murder in the village.

Actor Danny Miller announced his exit from the show after 13 years earlier this month, leaving fans devastated.

New spoilers for the show confirm Aaron struggles in the days to come, following the killing of his boyfriend Ben Tucker.

Things are heightened as despite serial killer Meena Jutla being the culprit, Aaron’s sister Liv Flaherty seems to be blamed as she faces court and a possible prison sentence.

Liv had fought with Ben just prior to his death, as she continues her battle with alcoholism, and things got heated.







Emmerdale has teased Aaron Dingle’s exit storyline on the ITV soap
(

Image:

ITV)

With Liv having a motive and believed to be the last person to see Ben alive, Aaron is torn after months of trying to support his sibling through her drinking battle.

It seems he’s had enough though as he struggles with recent events, and next week it sounds like he has an exit in mind.

He concerns his mother Chas that he’s going to do a runner, as he asks to be alone and says he isn’t sure he can be there for Liv.







Liv had fought with Ben just prior to his death
(

Image:

ITV)

As the siblings finally come face-to-face, it sounds like a final goodbye as he tells Liv they bring each other down, and that he can’t stand by her any longer.

Grief-stricken over his loss, he sparks concern with the Dingles with his behaviour with him telling his sister he hasn’t got the strength to keep supporting her.

She pleads with him to reconsider his decision, but will he change his mind or is this the moment he leaves the village for good?







Ben was killed by killer Meena Jutla
(

Image:

ITV)

It comes after actor Danny confirmed his exit ahead of him joining Ant and Dec’s I’m A Celebrity 2021, which has been off air all weekend because of fears over Storm Arwen.

Speaking to the Mirror at a press roundtable event earlier this month, he explained that he was “very emotional” about his decision and that it had been a “big part” of his life.

He cited the tough soap filming schedules as one of the reasons he wanted to leave and said that he wanted to be around more for his family.






Danny Miller is on I’m A Celebrity 2021

“I’d like to think that I’m very, very far away from Aaron and that’s part of the reason why I wanted to do this show. I’ve actually left Emmerdale, unfortunately, and I’ve decided to start a new path in life,” he said. “I’ve got my baby now and I’m getting married next year and it’s felt like the right time to open a new chapter in my life – god, my nerves are going because I’ve not really told anybody!

“I’m very emotional about it, actually. It’s been a massive part of my life and it’s taught me lots of things. I’ve been wanting to spread my wings for a while and a show like this gives me the opportunity to see what else happens after it and kind of start a new life with my family and see what happens.

“Obviously, [I’m A Celebrity] is a fantastic money earner – not gonna lie – and it gives me the chance to at least be off for a year and next year if nothing happens and I’ll be comfortable with my family and I’m hoping stuff does happen and new jobs come up, but we shall see. “

Emmerdale airs weeknights at 7pm on ITV, with an extra episode at 8pm on Thursdays.

Read More

Read More

Continue Reading

Trending