Connect with us

News

Bryan Adams tests positive for Covid-19 for second time in a month

Published

on

Canadian Rockstar Bryan Adams tested positive for COVID-19 upon arrival in Milan, where he was supposed to unveil 2022 Pirelli calendar that he has shot. This is the second time the singer tests positive for the virus within a short span of one month. 

Announcing the same through Instagram on Thursday, Adams posted three photos including one of him in a room after being tested and then sitting in an ambulance, being taken for a more reliable PCR test. He was seated normally, wearing a surgical mask.

“Here I am, just arrived in Milano and I’ve tested positive for the second time in a month for Covid. So it’s off to hospital for me,” he said in a post.

“Thanks for all your support,” he said.

Last month, the musician wrote in a post that he had had COVID, but had not suffered any symptoms. He subsequently performed concerts in Las Vegas before heading to Italy.

Adams, who enjoys photography, has shot the 2022 Pirelli calendar. He was expected to appear at in-person press events promoting the calendar Sunday and Monday, but that was now uncertain.

The rockstar chose as his subjects for the calendar called “On the road”, other musical talents, including Iggy Pop, Cher, Jennifer Hudson, Saweetie and St Vincent.

Normally the unveiling of the Pirelli calendar is a gala event attended by those who appear and other VIPS, but this year was already a scaled-back affair due to the ongoing pandemic, with a tight guest list for an evening cocktail.

Adams chose as his subjects for the calendar called “On the road”, other musical talents, including Iggy Pop, Cher, Jennifer Hudson, Saweetie and St Vincent.

(With inputs from agencies)

Subscribe to Mint Newsletters

* Enter a valid email

* Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter.

Never miss a story! Stay connected and informed with Mint.
Download
our App Now!!

News

Battlefield 2042 Game Update 3: Release Date, Patch Notes, Bug Fixes And More

Published

on

Battlefield 2042 Update 3 is next on the agenda of the developers and we have all of the information you need regarding the upcoming patch.

EA and DICE have had to encounter some rough waters so far after coming under intense scrutiny for the game’s release back in November, mainly down to a high amount of glitches and in-game bugs that many players were coming across.

This was during the Early Access period that some gamers had paid almost £100 for, which resulted in the game being implemented with a day one patch, titled Update #1.

Read more: Battlefield 2042’s Metacritic Score Is Woeful Following Horror Launch

While Update #2 did top off some of the gameplay issues, DICE will likely bring along Update #3. But when exactly will it be released?

Scroll down to find out everything that we know so far regarding Battlefield 2042 Update #3:


Release Date

Battlefield 2042 Robot Dog

At the time of writing, it is not yet known when Update 3 will be brought out.

EA are renowned for not giving gamers any warning regarding patches and will just release straight away and state it is available.

This could change so we will update this section as soon as more information emerges in the coming days, weeks and months – so stick with us and stay tuned!


Patch Notes

As mentioned above, the comprehensive list of patch notes from Update 3 have yet to be revealed and will be posted here, as well as all of the respective sections below, as soon as EA and DICE make it public, keep your eyes peeled!


Gameplay

TBC


Bug Fixes

TBC


Click below to see all of the updates that have been added to Battlefield 2042 so far:

Battlefield fans! Are you enjoying Battlefield 2042 so far despite the shaky start? Are you still playing or did you get yourself a refund after the first couple of days? Please get in touch and let us know what you think and EA and DICE’s latest addition to the mass warfare series!


You can find all of the latest Battlefield 2042 News and everything Gaming related right here at GiveMeSport.


News Now – Sport News

Continue Reading

News

‘You can never say there’s a bottom and they won’t go lower’

Published

on

Mitch McConnell tan suit

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky).Drew Angerer/Getty Images

  • McConnell blocked Democrats’ attempt to close debate on defense spending, usually a bipartisan vote.

  • This could push back Democrats’ timetable to get Build Back Better passed before Christmas.

  • Democratic lawmakers are frustrated, saying the GOP will do anything to obstruct Biden’s agenda.

Passing new defense spending was supposed to be the easy part of Congress’ holiday rush, but it’s already run into a stumbling block.

Democrats have an ambitious agenda for the upcoming month. They want to pass a resolution to avoid a government shutdown, raise the debt ceiling, and pass President Joe Biden’s sweeping climate and social-welfare package, all before Christmas. But before any of that gets done, Republicans and Democrats need to work together to pass the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for fiscal year 2022 — a $768 billion annual measure that has been passed on a bipartisan basis every year for 60 years.

That measure ran into trouble on Monday night when Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell blocked Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer’s attempt to close debate on the bill and move it closer to passage.

“This is more important than political timetables or partisan wish-lists,” McConnell said prior to the vote. “So if the Democratic leader insists on forcing a cloture vote later today, I’ll oppose cutting off these important debates prematurely when they have really just begun.”

McConnell said he was blocking the vote because GOP amendments, like sanctions over a Russian pipeline, had yet to be considered. His comments came after Schumer said during remarks that he hoped “Republican dysfunction will not be a roadblock to passing this bill and taking care of our troops and their families.”

If the NDAA doesn’t get passed soon, it will likely throw off Democrats’ plans to get measures like universal pre-K and robust climate policies to the American people before Christmas, and the idea is frustrating Democratic senators.

“You can never say there’s a bottom and they won’t go lower,” Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine told Politico on GOP strategy.

New Hampshire Sen. Jeanne Shaheen added that GOP efforts are “about a general effort to obstruct anything that’s going on, with the hope that will reflect poorly on Joe Biden.”

The GOP obstruction, as Shaheen referenced, might sound familiar — it’s something Democrats were struggling with just last month while attempting to keep the government funded. Congress came dangerously close to failing to suspend the debt ceiling and pushing the US into default as McConnell blocked Democrats’ attempts to raise the ceiling on their own. He stepped in at the last minute to ensure the country could pay its bills for an additional two months.

However, as Insider reported, while the GOP may be working to delay Democrats’ timetable to pass Biden’s Build Back Better Framework, McConnell appears to be more cooperative with Schumer on the debt ceiling this time around. McConnell told Punchbowl News on Tuesday he recently had discussions with Schumer on ways to keep the government funded, and they’re “still talking about.”

Now, Democrats need to work with Republicans to get defense spending finalized, and while GOP obstruction may be their biggest obstacle in adhering to their Christmas deadline, they still have a lot to resolve within their own party. West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin has been clear he would like to see changes in Biden’s Build Back Better agenda, including cutting out paid leave, and he suggested to Politico that inflation, and the new Omicron variant, should give Congress “cause to pause” on the agenda.

He said: “I heard an awful lot over the Thanksgiving break that prices were high and people were very much upset about that and concerned about: Is inflation going to get worse?”

Read the original article on Business Insider

Continue Reading

News

Donald Trump calls for National Guard to be deployed against San Francisco ‘smash and grab’ robbers

Published

on

Former US president Donald Trump has called for the National Guard to be deployed to San Francisco and other Democratic cities to stop a wave of smash and grab robberies.

Brazen groups of up to 80 robbers have plundered shops throughout California over the past fortnight, stealing tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in luxury merchandise and electronics.

The thefts have become a hot button issue for California residents and for conservatives nationwide, who blame the state’s overwhelmingly Democratic leaders for failing to suppress crime.

In a statement on Tuesday, Mr Trump said: “If Democrats don’t immediately stop smash and grab robberies, which are taking place in their cities, the National Guard must be called out.

“There has never been such a thing that has happened in our Country. Large numbers of stores are leaving San Francisco and other cities. Some chains are closing most of their stores. It is all not even believable.”

Police in Los Angeles reported a string of robberies there on the evening of Black Friday, following a 20-strong raid on a Nordstrom in an outdoor shopping centre called The Grove.

On 20 November, as many as 80 people charged into another Nordstrom in Walnut Creek, part of the San Francisco Bay Area, using pepper spray against employees.

The method also appears to have spread to other cities, with a group of 30 reportedly pillaging a Best Buy in Minneapolis. Several robberies in Chicago have been declared “smash and grabs”, though it is not clear how many people participated.

Mr Trump has a long history of calling for military responses to crime, threatening to deploy troops to Portland, Oregon and other Democratic cities during the George Floyd protests last year.

The reasons for the crime trend are unclear, with some blaming permissive sentencing laws and the movement to defund police forces while others point to a shortage of 911 operators and media reports producing copycat thefts.

Retail bosses in San Francisco have also said they are seeing an “epidemic” of shoplifting, although police statistics suggest that such thefts have only risen compared to 2020 and are still below their pre-pandemic levels.

The city’s chief prosecutor Chesa Boudin has become a key flashpoint, with data obtained by the San Francisco Examiner showing his office levied charges in only 50 per cent of shoplifting cases presented by police, compared to 70 per cent under his predecessor in 2019.

Continue Reading

Trending