Connect with us

News

Dwayne Johnson disses Vin Diesel, ‘Fast & Furious’ franchise

Published

on

It doesn’t seem like Dwayne Johnson will be returning to the “Fast & Furious” franchise anytime soon.

After his former co-star, Vin Diesel, addressed their apparently palpable tension last month, Johnson, 49, said he thought Diesel’s comments — in which he spoke about having to give his co-stars “a lot of tough love” — were laughable.

“I laughed and I laughed hard,” he said in an interview with the Hollywood Reporter, which posted Wednesday. “I think everyone had a laugh at that. And I’ll leave it at that. And that I’ve wished them well. I wish them well on ‘Fast 9.’ And I wish them the best of luck on ‘Fast 10’ and ‘Fast 11’ and the rest of the ‘Fast & Furious’ movies they do that will be without me.”

The two have been in a feud since wrapping up production of “The Fate of the Furious” in 2016. While filming, Johnson made scathing comments about several unnamed male co-stars, calling them “candy asses.”   

“Some conduct themselves as stand-up men and true professionals, while others don’t,” he wrote in an Instagram post. “The ones that don’t are too chicken s–t to do anything about it anyway. Candy asses. When you watch this movie next April and it seems like I’m not acting in some of these scenes and my blood is legit boiling — you’re right.”

Vin Diesel gets some air in a chase scene with Dwayne Johnson in "Fast Five."
Vin Diesel gets some air in a chase scene with Dwayne Johnson in “Fast Five.”
©Universal/courtesy Everett Collection

It was rumored that the actor was referring to Diesel for constantly being late to set, criticizing his co-stars’ acting skills and being difficult to work with.

Diesel, 54, later told Men’s Health that this harsh criticism was purposeful.

“I would do anything I’d have to do in order to get performances in anything I’m producing,” he said. “It was a tough character to embody, the Hobbs character. My approach at the time was a lot of tough love to assist in getting that performance where it needed to be.”

Johnson appeared as agent Luke Hobbs in four of the films, as well as the spinoff movie “Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw.” He did not return for the franchise’s most recent installment, “F9,” which also stars Jordana Brewster.

Two more films are reportedly set to follow “F9,” with director Justin Lin to return for both.

Dwayne Johnson lets loose in the 2017 installment "The Fate of the Furious."
Dwayne Johnson lets loose in the 2017 installment “The Fate of the Furious.”
©Universal/courtesy Everett Collection

News

No Covid positive case in district | Ludhiana News

Published

on

Ludhiana: No Covid positive case was reported in the district on Monday.
With no Covid death registered on the day, the district’s toll tally stands at 2,110 and that of outsiders here is 1,060.
To date, 28,83,142 samples have been tested.
The district’s case count is 87,662 and that of outsiders here is 11,739.
So far, 85,537 patients have recovered, which constitutes 97.58% of the total cases.
There are 15 active cases. On the day, 3,026 samples were collected.

FacebookTwitterLinkedinEMail

Continue Reading

News

Cristiano Ronaldo sent ‘damning warning’ as Ralf Rangnick plots Manchester United rebuild – Jake Stokes

Published

on

Ralf Rangnick has been officially appointed as Manchester United’s interim manager until the end of the season. With this news, every fan is waiting to see what changes he makes at Old Trafford.

The former Lokomotiv Moscow head of sport and development, who will continue beyond his interim tenure, taking up a consultancy role for two years, has an attractive CV following his fruitful work in the Bundesliga.

With fans excited to see what adjustments Rangnick will make to the Red Devils, United On My Mind writers Omar Garrick and Casey Evans put their heads together via Manchester Evening News’ Facebook live to speculate what the German will do on his first day on the job.

Evans kick-started proceedings by suggesting what United’s new boss may do to ensure an impact is made in such a quick turnaround of fixtures.

CE: “I feel like Rangnick’s going to be the classic, ‘I have some notes’ manager where on his first day he’ll sit everyone down and take appointments in his office.

“He’ll go through everyone, and he’ll be like, ‘look, I’ve marked out these mistakes – stop doing that and do that instead’, and he’ll go through things.

Just like you, we can’t get enough of Manchester United! That’s why we’ve decided to supplement our expansive United coverage on the Manchester Evening News with a more fan-oriented platform catered specifically to United fans – United On My Mind.

Writers and presenters who share your passion for the red side of Manchester will be producing written, visual and audio content to reflect the mood in the stands as well as the press box.

Follow our team on Twitter (@MikeParrott_, @GarrickOmar, @Casey_Evans_ and @AnilKandola)!

“He’ll have notes; there are little things where he’ll have to be frank with people, and I think that’s the manager he seems to be. In this short period, I think that is all he can do.”

“He’ll then work on the set-pieces, work on the pressing, work on the fitness and do all that sort of stuff. In the initial stages, he’ll just be looking to solve little things in peoples games.

Evans continued by speculating how Rangnick’s approach in his opening days could spell the end of Bruno Ferndandes’ and Cristiano Ronaldo’s reign.



Cristiano Ronaldo and Bruno Fernandes

CE: “Bruno Fernandes, he’ll probably go, ‘don’t make those passes, those passes are awful – they make me want to cry, stop trying to hero-ball it and look for some runs.’

“He’ll probably say to Ronaldo, ‘look, are you going to press?’ – the fact is he won’t instantly go to Ronaldo and drop him, but he’ll probably have a conversation with him outlining his expectations.

“That’ll be the same with everyone, and if they don’t meet those expectations, where he’s trying to implement a system that requires discipline and tactics, he’ll swap them out for someone more willing. The system is reliant on everyone being 100 per cent committed.”

Follow our United On My Mind trends writer Jake Stokes on Twitter and tell us your thoughts in the comments section below.

Continue Reading

News

Law & Order SVU confirms more returning cast this season

Published

on

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit will bring back more familiar faces to the precinct in season 23.

TVLine reports that fan-favourite cast member Donal Logue will be returning to SVU for a January 22 episode as hard-nosed NYPD lieutenant Declan G Murphy.

Murphy is fresh off a two-year stint going deep undercover for a case and returns to the Special Victims Unit with a crucial request for his old colleague Benson (Mariska Hargitay).

The two will join forces on high-priority hate crime cases that will also bring back NYPD sergeant Hasim Khaldun (​​Ari’el Stachel) as they search for who’s behind the sick crimes.

law  order special victims unit

Related: Law & Order reboot casts Hannibal star as original cast member returns

The sudden reappearance of Khaldun and Murphy could cause some complications for the hate crime investigation because they both have romantic ties to Detective Amanda Rollins (Kelli Giddish).

Murphy learned he’s the father of Rollins’ daughter Jesse shortly before he had to leave the precinct in 2015, while Khaldun had a connection with her while they worked undercover a few years back.

This season has already featured several nods back through the Law & Order franchise, including a special appearance from Dann Florek reprising his Law & Order homicide captain Donald Cragen.

the svu must contend with an angry neighborhood watch group when a girl goes missing near a building housing several sex offenders guest starring ari’el stachel, mark cayne and michael dempsey

Related: Law & Order revival’s return date confirmed

Detective Nick Amaro (Danny Pino) popped up to reopen a cold case in October, while district attorney Rafael Barba (Raúl Esparza) intervened in the trial of crime boss Richard Wheatley (Dylan McDermott).

NBC has announced a crossover event with Law & Order: Organized Crime next Thursday (December 9) where Benson and Stabler desperately search for Eli Stabler while Wheatley goes on trial.

Law & Order: SVU airs Thursdays on NBC in the US. The show airs on Sky Witness in the UK, with select episodes available on NOW.

This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io

Continue Reading

Trending