Connect with us

News

Gossip Girl | Official Teaser | HBO Max – HBO Max

Published

on

  1. Gossip Girl | Official Teaser | HBO Max  HBO Max
  2. ‘Gossip Girl’: HBO Max Drops Teaser Trailer & Sets Premiere Date For Reboot  Deadline
  3. This Gossip Girl Reboot Trailer Is a Secret We Can Tell  Vulture
  4. [VIDEO] ‘Gossip Girl’ Reboot Teaser Trailer — HBO Max Premiere Date  TVLine
  5. Gossip Girl Reboot Gets a Premiere Date and a Creepy Teaser You Know You’ll Love  E! Online
  6. View Full Coverage on Google News

News

Jeffrey Epstein took teen girl to meet Trump, accuser says

Published

on

Portrait of American financier Jeffrey Epstein (left) and real estate developer Donald Trump as they pose together at the Mar-a-Lago estate, Palm Beach, Florida, 1997.

Davidoff Studios Photography | Archive Photos | Getty Images

A woman who says she was sexually abused by late sex criminal and financier Jeffrey Epstein and British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell testified Wednesday that Epstein took her to meet Donald Trump at his Florida club when she was 14 years old.

The woman, in testimony at Maxwell’s federal sex crime trial, did not allege any improper conduct by Trump when she met him at his Mar-a-Lago resort.

Nor did the woman characterize what happened at that meeting, which she confirmed under cross-examination by Maxwell’s lawyer Laura Menninger in U.S. District Court in Manhattan.

A spokeswoman for Trump did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Maxwell is charged with procuring the woman, who was testifying with the pseudonym “Jane,” and other then-underage girls to be sexually abused by Epstein, a money manager who for years socialized with Trump, former President Bill Clinton, Britain’s Prince Andrew, Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates and other wealthy and powerful people.

Jane is the first of those accusers to testify at the trial, which began Monday.

Her account of meeting Trump was described in an interview she gave federal investigators, which Menninger asked her about Wednesday.

“Mr. Epstein introduced you to Donald Trump, correct?” Menninger asked.

Jane replied, “Yes.”

Jane said Epstein took her to Mar-a-Lago in a dark green car.

Ghislaine Maxwell talks with her attorneys during her trial on charges of sex trafficking, in a courtroom sketch in New York City, November 30, 2021.

Jane Rosenberg | Reuters

Epstein died in August 2019 while in a Manhattan jail from what has been ruled a suicide by hanging while awaiting his own trial on federal child sex trafficking charges.

Epstein’s arrest occurred a month before his death.

Trump said at the time that he was no longer friends with Epstein, and that they had not spoken for up to 15 years.

“I’m not a fan of his,” Trump said then.

But they used to be chummy.

In 2002, Trump told New York magazine, “I’ve known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy.”

“He’s a lot of fun to be with,” Trump said then. “It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.”

The New York Times in 2019 reported that in 1992, a Florida businessman at Trump’s request had organized a “calendar girl” competition at Mar-a-Lago.

“I arranged to have some contestants fly in,” the businessman, George Houraney, told the Times.

“At the very first party, I said, ‘Who’s coming tonight? I have 28 girls coming.’ It was him [Trump] and Epstein.”

“I said, ‘Donald, this is supposed to be a party with V.I.P.s. You’re telling me it’s you and Epstein?'” Houraney recalled.

CNBC Politics

Read more of CNBC’s politics coverage:

Continue Reading

News

WHO confirms Omicron Covid-19 variant in 23 countries. Here’s the full list | World News

Published

on

The Omicron Covid-19 variant, which was discovered in southern Africa last month, has now spread to as many as 23 countries, the director-general of World Health Organisation (WHO) Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Wednesday.

Speaking at a press conference, Ghebreyesus said the countries hail from five or six WHO regions, and that the number is only expected to climb up. “WHO takes this development extremely seriously, and so should every country,” he added.

The WHO chief stated that the discovery of the Omicron Covid-19 variant should not “surprise us” since this is what viruses do and coronavirus will also do “as long as we allow it to continue spreading.”

Also Read | WHO warns against ‘toxic mix’ of low vaccine coverage and testing amid Omicron scare

“We are learning more all the time about Omicron, but there’s still more to learn about its effect on transmission, severity of disease, and the effectiveness of tests, therapeutics and vaccines,” Ghebreyesus told at a press briefing.

Reiterating the WHO’s message on not imposing blanket travel bans on travellers coming from affected countries, the United Nations (UN) health agency chief noted that countries should instead adopt “rational, proportional risk-reduction measures, in keeping with the international health regulations.”

Ghebreyesus pointed out that screening passengers before travelling and/or upon arrival at the airport, and mandatory quarantine of international travellers are some ways to check the spread of the Omicron variant in place of blanket travel bans.

His statements come after South Africa health minister Joe Phaahla recently called the travel bans on flights coming from the country by other nations as “unjustified” and “counterproductive”.

Three countries – South Korea, Nigeria and Saudi Arabia – reported cases of Omicron Covid-19 variant on Wednesday.

Here’s a list of all countries that have so far reported Omicron cases:

1. Botswana – 19 cases

2. South Africa – 77 cases

3. Nigeria – Three cases

4. United Kingdom – 22 cases

5. South Korea – Five cases

6. Australia – Seven cases

7. Austria – One case

8. Belgium – One case

9. Brazil – Three cases

10. Czech Republic – One case

11. France – One case

12. Germany – Nine cases

13. Hong Kong – Four cases

14. Israel – Four cases

15. Italy – Nine cases

16. Japan – Two cases

17. Netherlands – 16 cases

18. Norway – Two cases

19. Spain – Two cases

20. Portugal – 13 cases

21. Sweden – Three cases

22. Canada – Six cases

23. Denmark – Four cases

Continue Reading

News

ITV I’m A Celebrity: Ex-campmates reveal bosses’ secret plot to turn their camp ‘nasty’

Published

on

Ex I’m A Celebrity campmates Beverley Callard and Vernon Kay have revealed the ITV bosses’ plot to show celebrities in a bad light.

The Corrie star took part in the show at Gwrych Castle in 2020 and believes her fellow cast-members were given a “unfair” edit.

Agreed with by Vernon Kay, they claimed producers had a meeting to plan how to turn the show “nasty” – but eventually abandoned the idea.

READ MORE: ITV I’m a Celebrity viewers ‘annoyed’ over suspicion camp mate had ‘secret haircut’

Featuring on an episode of Rylan Clarke’s podcast ‘Ry-Union’, Beverley said: “None of us were confrontational, not one of us. Nobody was trying to pull the camera all the time, nobody was moody…

“I think the editing in some way was a little bit unfair because they showed some of lots of people and not very much of other people. But that just goes with the job unfortunately.”



Beverley Callard and Jordan North have remained best friends since the show, travelling through Spain together for a new television series.
Beverley ‘Bev’ Callard was a 2020 camp favourite

Beverley also mentioned that viewers were not shown some of the best bits of her campmates, including former Strictly Come Dancing professional AJ Pritchard.

She told Rylan’s podcast: “You missed out on the really comedic side of AJ, who is the funniest person, but it didn’t tend to show that side of him apparently.”

Her fellow ex-campmate Vernon revealed that the show’s bosses had a secret plot to turn things ‘nasty’ in the camp when it became clear the celebrities were getting on well.

The TV and radio presenter said: “I’ve heard from the inside there was a moment in week one when they had a production meeting on how they could possibly turn it nasty.”



Do you want to stay up to date with the latest news, views, features and opinion from across the city?

MyLondon’s brilliant newsletter The 12 is absolutely jam packed with all the latest to keep you keep you entertained, informed and uplifted.

You’ll get 12 stories straight to your inbox at around 12pm. It’s the perfect lunchtime read.

And what’s more – it’s FREE!

The MyLondon team tells London stories for Londoners. Our journalists cover all the news you need – from City Hall to your local streets, so you’ll never miss a moment.

Don’t skip a beat and sign up to The 12 newsletter here.

Beverley chimed in: “I heard that too!”

However, the stars say the plans were scrapped when it became clear the nation were loving the friendliness of 2020’s group of campmates.

Vernon said: “When they saw the viewing figures, they were like, ‘Why would we want to ruin it?’ And they let us go with it, they let us embrace each other instead of being fractious.”

Last year’s camp certainly had a different atmosphere to 2021’s, where tensions are already high with Naughty Boy regularly seen to be arguing.

This year’s I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here line-up includes: Louise Minchin, Matty Lee, Snoochie Shy, Dame Arlene Phillips, Naughty Boy, Kadeena Cox, David Ginola, Frankie Bridge, Danny Miller and Richard Madeley who was forced to leave the show last week.

Do you have a story you think we should be covering? If so, please email [email protected]

Continue Reading

Trending