Do you want to be part of an organisation which stands up for children? If so, join us as a Health Advocacy and Policy Adviser (Health Financing).
About Us We are Save the Children. For a century, we’ve stood up for children’s rights and made sure their voices are heard. We stand side by side with children in the toughest places to be a child and we do whatever it takes to make sure they survive, get protection when they’re in danger, and have the chance to learn. We are constantly finding new ways to reach children who need us most, no matter where they’re growing up.
As Health Advocacy and Policy Adviser (Health Financing). you will have the opportunity to directly impact on Save the Children’s Survive Breakthrough which aims to ensure that no child dies before their fifth birthday by 2030. You will work to influence key global and national policy makers to achieve policy and system change and will focus particularly on sustainable health financing for Universal Health Coverage.
This is a fantastic opportunity to own professional relationships and grow your network, getting to know the development sector and architecture, including direct work with the UK and other governments, multilateral stakeholders, civil society organisations, and children and young people.
You will be responsible for high-level advocacy and policy to ensure that international commitments to public financing for health and commitments to domestic resource mobilisation for Universal Health Coverage will be fulfilled, with a focus on international institutions such as the World Bank the Global Financing Facility, the World Health Organisation and the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office.
Health and financing are significant priorities for the organisation and therefore will position the successful candidate well for future career and personal development opportunities
**In addition to the above, you will:
· Design, lead and deliver policy, advocacy, research or MEAL strategies and products, to a high standard and often with minimal supervision
· Identify policy and research needs and influencing opportunities in your thematic area, at the country level and/or internationally
· Maintain and develop high-level knowledge and expertise in your specific area and advise colleagues across the global movement, including at a senior level, as well as external stakeholders
· Develop and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders and build strong working relationships with partners and advocacy targets
· Represent the organisation externally, including in high-level meetings and events.
· work closely with other financing advisers in the policy and advocacy department to promote Save the Children’s priorities and thinking in development financing and be an active contributor to our global work on public investment in children.
**To be successful you will be an enthusiastic and experienced policy advocate, motivated by a desire to make children’s rights a reality for all and address inequality. An academic qualification at post-graduate level/equivalent in international development or a related subject or equivalent experience is also essential. You will be a team worker, thriving on collaborating with others to achieve shared objectives within dynamic and agile teams. In addition, you will have:
· Expertise in the field of health financing (international and domestic resource mobilisation)
· Excellent communication and influencing skills are essential, coupled with technical expertise in health financing and the ability to conduct policy research and write clearly and concisely for different audiences
· A proven track record of carrying out first-class research, policy and/or advocacy
· Strong networking skills and experience of participating in coalitions and working with civil-society actors to achieve change
· Very strong written and oral communication skills
· Knowledge of human rights, international relations, political analysis and the international humanitarian system.
An ability and willingness to travel up to six weeks a year is also essential for this role.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: Wednesday 7th April