The Health Safety, Social, and Environmental (HSSE) Specialist will report directly to the Project Manager and will ensure full coordination with the project Lead Civil Engineer, the Hub HSSE Specialist, the Hub Infrastructure Specialist, and the Project team members.
The incumbent needs to establish a safe workplace according to the client health and safety management systems, and foster a culture of attention to health and safety in all the phases of the implemented projects. Specifically, He/ She will be responsible for the following duties:
HSSE Planning, Coordination, and Implementation
· Provide advice and recommendation on various health and safety-related procedures relevant to the type of work, (such as noise levels, use of personal protective equipment, and use of machinery etc.);
· Develop visual material for on-site briefings with contractors on occupational health and safety, including any sanitation measures relating to COVID-19 based on WHO guidelines;
· Advise the Project Manager and the project team on all health and safety-related matters during project planning and implementation;
· In line with the client HSSE policies and procedures, develop and/ or advise on risk mitigation and preventive actions required outlining potential threats, risks levels, and recommended mitigation strategies during project implementation, taking into consideration relevant and existing assessments;
· Follow up on the implementation of the Environmental Social Management Plan (ESMP) and Health and Safety plan on work sites.
HSSE Monitoring and Reporting
· Propose and control the projects’ budgets for health and safety and monitor related expenditures;
· Conduct regular field inspection and monitoring visits to the projects sites to supervise the contractors throughout the project implementation, identify possible areas/issues of non-conformity (e.g. unsafe work at heights and in excavations), and prepare project’s health and safety-related reports on occurrences;
· Implement mechanisms for reporting all health and safety incidents that may have an impact on the project, as well as ensure that all accidents are documented, reported internally and/ or externally as per the agreed reporting protocols, investigated while ensuring that any recommended improvements are implemented in a timely manner.
Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization. (Applicable only for levels ICS-10 and above)
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms.
Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilising appropriate leadership styles
Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behaviour. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
HSSE Capacity Building and Knowledge Management
· Initiate, organize, and deliver Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) training and learning initiatives for the project personnel, contractors, and partners;
· Oversee team’s contributions to health and safety knowledge networks and communities of practice including collaborative synthesis of lessons learned and dissemination of best practices;
· Provide induction to all new project team and contractor on HSSE requirements;
· Support the PM in capacity building planning and transfer of HSSE project-related knowledge among the relevant projects’ stakeholders, both internal and external.’s
Health and Safety Management, Project Management, Risk Analysis, Reporting, Capacity Building, Training, Monitoring and Evaluation.