Resident Evil Village has a photo mode. What this means is, you’ll be able to capture and share some of the game’s most memorable moments on PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Despite the lack of a photo mode in past games in the franchise, Capcom’s first attempt at it in a Resident Evil title is pretty good. Here’s everything you need to know.
How to Activate Resident Evil Village Photo Mode
Simple enough, hit pause and the option to enter Photo Mode is right there. Using it for the first time nets you an easy 15G on Xbox Series X|S and One, a bronze trophy on PS4 and PS5, and a Steam achievement on PC.
Resident Evil Village Photo Mode Controls
We were using an Xbox Series X controller plugged into a PC. Controls for Photo Mode as follows:
- RS – move camera
- X – reset camera
- Menu Button – hide/display HUD
- View Button – help
Resident Evil Village Photo Mode Features
Most of the game’s features for photo mode are sliders allowing to increase or decrease their effect. Some like blur and bloom can be toggled on and off while others like filters and logo have multiple options that we’ve also listed.
- Camera: Area of View, Inclination
- Depth of field: Blur (on/off), Focus Area, Blur Strength (short range), Blur Strength (long range), Blur Strength (overall)
- Effects 1: Brightness, Vignette (on/off), Vignette Coverage, Bloom (on/off), Bloom Strength
- Effects 2: Filters (none, orange, blue, yellow, vintage, sepia, black & white, pastel, deep colour), Lens Distortion (on/off), Lens Strength, Chromatic Aberration (on/off), Chromatic Aberration Strength
- Frame and Logo: Frame Type (square, rectangle, 4:3, letterbox, instant film, film, newspaper, picture frame),
- Game Logo (off, top left, top centre, top right, middle left, middle centre, middle right, bottom left, bottom centre, bottom right)
- Other: Enemy Display (on/off), Character display (on/off), Animal Display (on/off), Grid (on/off)
Resident Evil Village is out on May 7 for Rs. 3,999 in India ($60 in the US) and is available for pre-order at retailers both online and offline. There are multiple editions to choose from which you can read about here.