Some of the newest mods forhave introduced famous characters and creatures from pop culture to the game as Impostors, including Godzilla and King Kong. Now, a new mod pits them against one another in an epic battle, and crewmate lives hang in the balance. The mod for Among Us turns the Impostor into the powerful and massive reptile Godzilla, while one crewmate takes the role of King Kong. King Kong tries to protect the crewmates and make it easier for them to complete their tasks while Godzilla tries to destroy all crewmates instead. If the crewmates finish their tasks, Kong’s final ability unlocks, and it is capable of defeating Godzilla and winning the game for the crewmates.
Click the button below to start this article in quick view.
There have been several versions of the Among Us Godzilla vs. King Kong mod created and demonstrated by streamers. Like other mods that introduce roles for both the crewmates and Impostors, the Godzilla vs. King Kong mod maintains morealike. Both Godzilla and King Kong receive new abilities in this mod, and these can create interesting new scenarios for the crewmates and the Impostor to overcome. Here’s how to play the Godzilla vs. King Kong mod for Among Us.
How to Play as Godzilla and King Kong in Among Us
The Godzilla vs. King Kong mod for Among Us is a combination of two separate mods, the Godzilla Mod and the King Kong mod. While several versions exist, the most popular was created byand demonstrated by he, SSundee, and their friends. Despite how many versions have been adapted, none are currently available for public download. Players may have luck getting into a game that uses this mod by joining a server that has it installed. Players can also always try their hand at programming a version. It is also possible that, given its popularity, other modders will eventually program a version of this mod and make it available for wider use.
When a crewmate becomes the Impostor, Godzilla, in the Among Us Godzilla vs. King Kong mod, they can use several new abilities to , including:
- Shockwave: Godzilla shrieks and stuns crewmates in place, preventing movement for a short time. King Kong can also be affected by this attack. Useful when combined with Acid Pool.
- Throw: Godzilla picks up a crewmate and spikes them into the ground like a football, killing them and preventing other crewmates from .
- Acid Pool: Godzilla can spit a pool of sludge that burns and kills crewmates.
- Giant Form: Godzilla grows to massive size and can see the whole map and target any crewmates.
- Atomic Breath: Only accessible in Giant Form; Godzilla can shoot a beam from his mouth to slice crewmates caught in its path in half.
These are the same abilities Godzilla has in the regular. Impostors will need to activate the Summon Godzilla ability to use any of the above abilities, and they can shift back into their typical crewmate sprite using the Impostor button.
Godzilla cannot be voted out of the game, but it may be in the Impostor’s best interest to stay hidden as long as possible anyway. They can use the Impostor button to lie and make sure they are seen, giving them an alibi in meetings.
During a game of Among Us with the Godzilla vs. King Kong mod installed, one crewmate at random will be assigned the role of King Kong. Unlike the, where Kong was an antagonistic Impostor, this version of King Kong uses his powers for good to help transport crewmates around the map, protect them from some of Godzilla’s most devastating attacks, and help them finish their tasks more quickly.
When a crewmate is assigned the role of King Kong, they receive the following new abilities:
- Throw: Kong can toss crewmates across the map to get them to their tasks more quickly.
- Leap: Kong can jump high into the air to view the whole map and land anywhere the player chooses.
- Smash: Kong can slam his fists into the ground, stunning Godzilla in place for a few seconds.
- Pick Up/Drop: Kong can hold and carry crewmates around the map and drop them off at various tasks or move them out of harm’s way.
- Axe: This ability only activates after all tasks have been completed and allows King Kong to attack and kill Godzilla with a giant, glowing axe.
Godzilla’s attacks cannot kill King Kong, making him a good shield to protect the other crewmates when Godzilla sends his atomic breath or creates an acid pool. Once, the Axe ability will light up. King Kong needs to get close enough to Godzilla before he finishes killing all the other crewmates to hit him with the Axe and kill him, winning the game.
Players can see the Godzilla vs. King Kong Mod in a real Among Us match in SSundee’s video below:
Among Us is available for Nintendo Switch, PC, iOS, and Android.
Among Us Airship’s Hall Of Portraits Has A Cool Easter Egg
About The Author