Connect with us

News

Jennifer Aniston responds to Mariah Carey flashback of her trying ‘The Rachel’ haircut

Published

on

‘Love it!’ Jennifer Aniston responds to Mariah Carey’s ‘sad attempt’ at trying out ‘The Rachel’ haircut in the ’90s… as singer posts a flashback snap after Friends: The Reunion

It was the defining ’90s haircut that proved insanely popular with fans of the TV show Friends – and that even included Mariah Carey.

On Friday, following Friends: The Reunion on HBO Max, Mariah revealed that she also tried her hand at ‘The Rachel’ – a cut named after Jennifer Aniston‘s signature hairstyle as character Rachel Karen Green.

‘A sad attempt at the Rachel hairdo,’ Mariah joked to her 10m followers on Friday, posting a flashback Friday snap her with a similar looking ‘do.

However, seemingly impressed was none other than Jennifer herself, who commented on this picture, ‘LOVE IT’ alongside a flame-emoji. 

'Love it!' Jennifer Aniston responds to Mariah Carey's flashback of her 'sad attempt' of having 'The Rachel' hair 'do

‘Love it!’ Jennifer Aniston responds to Mariah Carey’s flashback of her ‘sad attempt’ of having ‘The Rachel’ hair ‘do

She approves! Jennifer Aniston saw Mariah's post and promptly commented underneath saying she loved it, adding a flame-emoji on Friday

She approves! Jennifer Aniston saw Mariah’s post and promptly commented underneath saying she loved it, adding a flame-emoji on Friday 

It would seem that Mariah was one of many women in the mid-1990s that besieged salons with photos of Aniston in character to copy her haircut. 

However, despite complimenting Mariah on the cut, Jen has previously said that she was not a fan of the iconic style. 

The 52-year-old has admitted to US magazine Allure years ago that the style was not her best look.

Iconic locks: 'The Rachel' became known as a popular haircut, after Jennifer Aniston 's signature hairstyle as character Rachel Karen Green

Iconic locks: ‘The Rachel’ became known as a popular haircut, after Jennifer Aniston ‘s signature hairstyle as character Rachel Karen Green 

‘How do I say this? I think it was the ugliest haircut I’ve ever seen,’ she said in 2011. ‘What I really want to know is, how did that thing have legs?’

The cut was originally created by Aniston’s long-time hairstylist Chris McMillan, who still works with her today.

‘I love Chris but he’s the bane of my existence because he started that damn Rachel,’ the actress said.

However she confessed that she has become better at styling her own locks in recent years, instead of letting Chris do it for her.

Not a fan: Jennifer would later call the hairstyle 'ugly' admitted that she didn't like the famous cut

Not a fan: Jennifer would later call the hairstyle ‘ugly’ admitted that she didn’t like the famous cut

‘He thinks I’m a closet hairdresser,’ she joked, ‘I’ll take the hairdryer right out of his hands.

‘He’ll kill me for saying this, but I’ve surpassed him in that department. I’m faster with the blow-dryer.’ 

Friends: The Reunion on HBO Max aired earlier this week prompting a huge feeling of nostalgia from both fans and celebrities. 

However, the biggest talking point of the much awaited special, was arguably Jennifer and David Schwimmer confessing that they had crushes on each other. 

‘I mean, the first season, I had a major crush on Jen. At some point, we were crushing hard on each other,’ David revealed. 

Style: It was the defining '90s haircut that proved insanely popular with fans of the TV show Friends - and that even included Mariah Carey (pictured above in 1997)

Style: It was the defining ’90s haircut that proved insanely popular with fans of the TV show Friends – and that even included Mariah Carey (pictured above in 1997) 

Advertisement

News

The Guy Who Knows Where All of Trump’s Bodies Are Buried Is Cooperating With the January 6 Committee

Published

on

As he’s made abundantly clear through lawsuits, legal posturing, and unhinged statements on the matter, Donald Trump very much does not want the House select committee investigating January 6 to know what he was doing before, during, and after the Capitol was attacked by his bloodthirsty supporters. Why is this? We won’t claim to understand what’s going on inside the moldy pile of meatloaf that is the ex-president’s head, but we will note that if he thought the behind-the-scenes details made him look better—like if he could say that he was giving orphans a tour of the East Wing when he was first alerted to the violence, or that he was preparing for a photo shoot for People’s Sexiest Man Alive cover—he would want that information out there faster than you can say “fascist insurrection.” (While Trump has claimed that he’s fighting the release of documents to the House committee in order to protect future presidents, we can say with a high degree of confidence that that’s bullshit, as the man has never done a selfless thing in his entire life.) Which makes the news that his fourth and final chief of staff—the guy who was by his side both through all the false election-fraud claims and the violent attempt to overturn democracy—is cooperating with congressional investigators probably extremely unwelcome!

The Washington Post reports that Mark Meadows has been complying with the House’s probe, though it initially looked like he would follow in the footsteps of Steve Bannon and stonewall the whole thing, which led to the latter being criminally indicted earlier this month and facing up to two years in prison if convicted. In a statement, Rep. Bennie Thompson, the committee’s chairman, said, “Mr. Meadows has been engaging with the select committee through his attorney. He has produced records to the committee and will soon appear for an initial deposition.”

According to a report from Rolling Stone, planners of the pro-Trump rallies that preceded the attack on the Capitol said Meadows played a major role in conversations surrounding the events leading up to the insurrection. “Meadows was 100% made aware of what was going on,” a source told the outlet. He also urged Georgia’s secretary of state, in the “spirit of cooperation and compromise,” to find a way to overturn Georgia’s election results during the infamous phone call in which Trump demanded Brad Raffensperger just “find” 11,000-plus votes. And he repeatedly pressed then acting attorney general Jeffrey Rosen to have the Justice Department investigate baseless conspiracy theories of election fraud, including one claiming that people in Italy used satellites to turn Trump votes into Biden ones. Oh, and he was reportedly one of the few people Trump would listen to on the day and night of the attack.

In a statement to CNN, Meadows’s lawyer said there is now an understanding between the former chief of staff and investigators on how information can be shared going forward, adding that both sides are open to engaging, a turn of events we assume has led to a very bad day at Mar-a-Lago, particularly for the busboy who just wanted to clear his tables and clock out when he found himself on the receiving end of a incomprehensible tirade about traitors and Democrats and the scourge of low-flow toilets.

Of course, it’s not all good news for people hoping to see Trump held accountable for the first time in his 75 years on earth. For one thing, Meadows is still a Trump loyalist who…well, you read the thing about Italian satellites, right? For another, his lawyer has already suggested that certain things Meadows knows fall under executive privilege, and thus he should not be “compelled” to share them.

In happier news that may make Meadows’s (and his ex-boss’s) executive privilege claims moot, there’s this, per Politico:

Three federal appellate judges appear likely to reject Donald Trump’s effort to block January 6 investigators from obtaining his White House records—a big potential boost for lawmakers hoping to reveal the former president’s actions as a mob of his supporters attacked the Capitol.

As they questioned Trump’s lawyers, the judges repeatedly expressed skepticism that a former president could override a decision by the sitting president—in this case Joe Biden—to release documents to Congress, particularly when the incumbent has decided it’s in the national interest to release records to investigators…. The files at issue are drawn from former chief of staff Mark Meadows, former adviser Stephen Miller, former deputy White House counsel Patrick Philbin, and former press secretary Kayleigh McEnany, among other top Trump aides. The National Archives has identified the documents in periodic batches since early September and expects to produce additional tranches in the coming months.

“We have one president at a time under our constitution,” Judge Patricia Millett said on Tuesday. “That incumbent president…has made the judgment and is best positioned, as the Supreme Court has told us, to make that call as to the interests of the executive branch.”

Continue Reading

News

Thorough Covid scan of int’l fliers at SVPI | Ahmedabad News

Published

on

Ahmedabad: In line with the guidelines of the Centre and the state for screening Covid-19 passengers, the authorities of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International (SVPI) airport in Ahmedabad have begun preparing for the thorough screening of international passengers. A separate space has been earmarked at the arrivals area of the international terminal, Terminal-II, to screen, test, and isolate passengers from ‘At Risk Countries’.
Taking an RT-PCR test upon arrival is mandatory for all international passengers at SVPI airport and other airports in Gujarat. However, if the passenger is not travelling from the countries classified as at risk, he or she may leave the airport after giving the Covid test sample.
The Government of India has released a list of 11 countries which have been classified as ‘At Risk’. They are South Africa, Brazil, Bangladesh, Botswana, China, Mauritius, New Zealand, Zimbabwe, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Israel.
“We have designated a separate zone at the arrivals area of the international terminal for screening passengers from At Risk Countries, soon after their customs clearance is done,” said a well-placed source. “Passengers will take the test for Covid-19 and remain on the airport premises till their reports are out.”
Airport authorities have arranged at least 200 chairs in this separate area to isolate passengers from the At Risk Countries. “Each passenger will have the option of taking either an RT-PCR test or an RT-LAMP test, which is equivalent to the RT-PCR test approved by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR),” said the source.

FacebookTwitterLinkedinEMail

Continue Reading

News

OTS scheme for defaulting e-way plot allottees extended up to Dec 31 | Noida News

Published

on

Greater Noida: The one-time settlement scheme launched by the Yamuna Expressway Authority for defaulting property allottees has been extended up to December 31. The scheme was drawing to a close on November 30, but the extension of another month has been provided to the allottees to seek the benefits being offered, officials have said.
More than 32,000 allottees stand to benefit through the scheme that was launched on October 1. The scheme is open for allottees under all the seven categories — residential, build-up housing scheme, institutional, industrial, commercial, mix-land use and abadi plots. For the first time, YEIDA had agreed to waive off the compounded penal interest component on the entire dues and levy only simple interest.
But instead of offline mode, the scheme was offered through a web portal. However, for the first fortnight or so, the portal did not function properly. “We told YEIDA to resolve the technical snags. Allottees were unable to submit their details online and whatever was entered could not be saved as draft,” said general secretary of the Yamuna Expressway Entrepreneurs Association, Rishabh Nigam.
Chief executive officer of the Authority, Arun Vir Singh said, “We are going to press only 8.50% simple interest to calculate the land premium dues. Some allottees sought more time to arrange for funds and hence we have extended the deadline.”
An applicant having dues up to Rs 50 lakh will have to pay up one-third of the restructured amount within a month and the balance two-third within three months. Those having more than Rs 50 lakh to settle will also have to pay up a third of the amount within a month. However such allottees will be given six months to pay up the remaining sum.

Continue Reading

Trending