LOS ANGELES (Wednesday, March 24, 2021) – The five-time MLS Cup Champions LA Galaxy announced today the club’s 2021 MLS Regular Season schedule, presented by Dignity Health. In their 26th season in Major League Soccer, the home opener is set for Sunday, April 25 at 2:30 p.m. PT at Dignity Health Sports Park against New York Red Bulls live on FS1. The club kicks off the season on Sunday, April 18 at 12 p.m. PT when they face Inter Miami CF at Inter Miami CF Stadium live on ABC and ESPN Deportes.
The 2021 season will see all 27 MLS clubs compete in 34 regular season matches, 17 home and 17 away, with an emphasis on intra-conference regional play. At the end of the regular season, the top seven teams from each conference will qualify for the Audi 2021 MLS Cup Playoffs.for the 2021 regular season competition structure.
In all, the LA Galaxy will be featured on national television 16 total times across Major League Soccer broadcast partners ABC, ESPN, FOX, FS1, Univision and UniMás, including eight nationally televised games at Dignity Health Sports Park.
The club’s annual Fourth of July game will feature a contest against Sporting Kansas City at Dignity Health Sports Park, marking return of the Galaxy’s tradition of hosting a game on Independence Day.
On. These modifications, subject to future guidance from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, would allow Dignity Health Sports Park to host a limited number of fans for LA Galaxy home games beginning with the Home Opener. In accordance with state and local requirements, attendance will be limited to a percentage of DHSP’s capacity, based on COVID-19 positivity and case rates. All ticketed attendees to LA Galaxy games are required to adhere to all applicable local, state, national, DHSP and MLS rules, regulations, orders and guidelines, including without limitation, all social distancing, health screening or testing requirements. In addition, access to food and beverage and hospitality spaces may be prohibited or limited based on local and state restrictions.
The LA Galaxy intend to make a limited number of tickets available for purchase. To accommodate tier changes for L.A. County, games will be offered in waves. On April 1, 2021 the LA Galaxy will go on sale with a limited number of tickets for the Home Opener, scheduled for. With limited available capacity, the Galaxy will have presale opportunities for Season Ticket Members in presale groups beginning with Premium members, then by continuous Season Ticket Member tenure. For more information, click or our .
The LA Galaxy’s 2021 MLS Regular Season Schedule can be found below. Full local broadcast details and scheduling for the 2021 MLS season schedule will be announced in the coming weeks.
SSN = Spectrum SportsNet
With more opportunities to watch than ever before, Major League Soccer’s 26th season will be the most accessible ever, at home and on connected devices. A record 37 games will be shown in the U.S. over-the-air on ABC, FOX, Univision and UniMás national network broadcasts, with more to be added in the months ahead, and seven matches this season over-the-air on CTV in Canada. In addition, ESPN+ will stream all regional broadcasts nationally, out-of-market, in the U.S. and any nationally televised matches not aired by an English-language network will again be streamed live in English on Twitter.
Kicking off on April 16, the MLS season gets off to a fast start with seven uninterrupted weeks of action, including some of the League’s top regional rivalries, before a break to allow MLS players to feature for national teams during the June FIFA international window. This opening stretch will see ABC, FOX and Univision each broadcast four matches, with an additional 18 matches showcased on the ESPN, FS1, UniMás, and TUDN networks through Memorial Day weekend.
Additional Notes about the 2021 MLS Schedule
- With a focus on the health and safety of all players and staff, MLS clubs will continue to travel on charter flights during the pandemic. In an effort to minimize travel and time on the road, the number of regional matches has been increased and clubs will travel the day of the game whenever possible.
- MLS will break during the June FIFA international window, as well as July 9-16 around the opening of the Concacaf Gold Cup. MLS clubs were presented with the option to play during the September FIFA international window, with 14 clubs electing to do so.
- , the following clubs have qualified for the 2021 Leagues Cup set to begin the week of Aug. 9: Sporting Kansas City, Orlando City SC, Seattle Sounders FC and New York City FC.
- The five MLS teams that have qualified for the Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League, Atlanta United, Columbus Crew SC, Philadelphia Union, Portland Timbers and Toronto FC, will kick off the first leg of Round-of-16 play on April 6-8, with second legs scheduled for April 13-15.
- Campeones Cup returns in 2021 for its third edition, hosted by reigning MLS Cup Champion Columbus Crew SC, to be played the week of September 27.
- All three editions of the famed El Tráfico rivalry between the five-time MLS Cup Champions LA Galaxy and LAFC will be broadcast nationally in prime time.
- Due to travel restrictions between the U.S. and Canada, the three Canadian clubs will play MLS regular season matches in the following U.S. cities and venues until a return to their home markets is permitted:
- CF Montreal: Fort Lauderdale, Fla.; Inter Miami CF Stadium
- Toronto FC: Orlando, Fla.; Exploria Stadium
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC: Sandy, Utah; Rio Tinto Stadium
LA Galaxy fans can go toto learn more about 2021 ticket options. In addition to visiting , fans can get more information by emailing .