Connect with us

News

Lori Harvey and Michael B. Jordan Show Off Their Chic Couple’s Style in Fendi and Tom Ford Outfits

Published

on

michael b jordan/instagram

Michael B. Jordan and Lori Harvey are back at it!

On Thursday, the couple shared photos on their respective Instagram Stories of their most recent coordinating looks.

Jordan, 34, first posted the photo, in which he rocks a half black, half beige Fendi blazer and pants set, locking arms with Harvey and captioning the shot, “Lori Harvey and her boyfriend,”

Meanwhile, Harvey, 24, reposted her boyfriend’s photo, writing, “LOML??,” an acronym for “love of my life.” The model matched Jordan’s color scheme wearing a black and white floral top and leopard print pants sporting the Tom Ford logo.

The couple’s stylist, Jason Bolden, also shared a photo of the pair with the caption, “When Ur Fresh Matches??? TOM FORD ??‍♀️ X FENDI ??‍♂️???.” He then revealed in his Instagram Story that Harvey’s outfit was from Tom Ford’s Spring 2021 collection.

Lori Harvey/instagram

RELATED: Michael B. Jordan and Lori Harvey Have Sexy and Stylish Date Night for Without Remorse Premiere

The couple, who made their relationship social media official in January, doesn’t shy away from giving a peek at their hot date nights. Earlier this month, Jordan and Harvey shared glam shots from their impromptu photo shoot while celebrating the premiere of Jordan’s latest film, Tom Clancy’s Without Remorse. The two looked sexy chic in ensembles by Prada.

Of their relationship, a source told PEOPLE in February, “They have gotten serious quickly. It’s obvious that they don’t want to be apart.”

Blair Caldwell

RELATED: Michael B. Jordan Jokes His Friends ‘Take Their Shots’ Teasing Him About Sexiest Man Alive Title

Jordan, PEOPLE’s reigning Sexiest Man Alive, is preparing for Creed III, where he’ll make his directorial debut while reviving his starring role as Adonis Creed.

“To be able to finally step behind the camera and follow Sly [Stallone]’s lead and Ryan Coogler and Denzel Washington, guys that I’ve picked their brains, I’m truly excited about telling this story and sharing this movie with you guys,” he recently told PEOPLE. “It’s all I think about, every day. I can’t wait.”

Continue Reading

News

Biden delivers remarks, to push shots, not more restrictions as variant spreads

Published

on

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden will urge Americans to get vaccinated including booster shots as he seeks to quell concerns Monday over the new COVID-19 variant omicron, but he won’t immediately push for more restrictions to stop its spread, his chief medical adviser said.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert and Biden’s leading COVID-19 adviser, said Monday that there were as yet still no cases of the variant identified in the U.S. but that it was “inevitable” that it would make its way into the country.

Speaking on ABC’s “Good Morning America,” Fauci said scientists hope to know in the next week or two how well the existing COVID-19 vaccines protect against the variant, and how dangerous it is compared to earlier strains.

“We really don’t know,” Fauci said, calling speculation “premature.”

The new variant poses the latest test to Biden’s efforts to contain the pandemic, mitigate its impacts on the economy and return a sense of normalcy to the U.S. during the holiday season.

Biden was to speak Monday about the urgency of getting vaccinated against COVID-19 to protect against variants, especially as roughly 80 million Americans aged 5 and up haven’t yet received any shots. But Biden was not expected to announce any new virus-related restrictions, beyond last week’s move to restrict travel from South Africa and seven other countries in the region, effective Monday.

Other nations were also moving to close their borders or reinstate lockdowns amid a host of other severe measures to prevent the omicron variant from spreading, but Fauci indicated that the U.S. was not following suit.

Asked if more U.S. restrictions were imminent, Fauci said, “I don’t think so at all.” Later, on “CBS Mornings,” he said, “Let’s not be talking about lockdowns.”

Fauci said there was no need to panic about the new variant, but “we should be concerned, and our concern should spur us to do the things that we know work,” such as vaccinations.

The move to limit most travel from the countries where omicron was first identified was meant to provide time for the U.S to learn more about the variant and to “intensify” the domestic vaccination campaign, Fauci said.

“It buys you a couple of weeks because if you can keep things out in force for a couple of weeks you can do a lot of things,” he told CBS.

Still, he said omicron would eventually reach the U.S. and could, like the delta variant before it, become the dominant strain, since omicron “has a transmissibility advantage” over other variants.

Pharmaceutical companies are already adjusting their existing COVID-19 vaccines to better attack the omicron variant, but Fauci said Americans should make it a priority to get either their first shots or a booster dose now, rather than waiting for a new formulation.

“I would strongly suggest you get boosted now,” he said.

He added that depending on what scientists learn about the omicron variant in the coming weeks “we may not need” targeted boosters to contain that strain of the virus.

Any omicron-specific vaccine probably could not begin to be produced for another two or three months, so getting boosters now is a “very important initial line of defense,” Dr. Paul Burton, chief medical officer for the vaccine-maker Moderna, said Monday.

Burton said Moderna and other vaccine companies are testing existing COVID-19 vaccines to determine how effective they are against the omicron variant.

“If we need to manufacture an omicron-specific variant, it’s going to take some weeks, two to three months is probably what we’re looking at to be able to really begin to manufacture,” Burton told ABC.

Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Continue Reading

News

‘Defeated’ Mike Lindell Ends 96-hour TV Marathon After Failing to Gain Support

Published

on

Mike Lindell ended a 96-hour online marathon entitled, Thanks-a-thon, after failing to gain strong support for his Supreme Court case.

The MyPillow CEO has long been a fervent supporter of former President Donald Trump and has continued to make baseless claims that the 2020 election was rigged in favour of President Joe Biden and that he would file a lawsuit.

Despite providing no evidence for widespread election fraud, Lindell claimed he would have the support of multiple states’ attorneys in general as he hoped to take this issue to the Supreme Court.

The 60-year-old claimed he would have this support by Thanksgiving, a deadline he set himself, but he did not receive it and the lawsuit was not filed.

By the end of the marathon, Mike Lindell appeared defeated, according to viewers, and in his final words asked the people to take action.

The brief clip has been posted to Twitter and viewed over 150,000 times with many viewers remarking how tired and defeated Lindell appears.

The clip, shared by attorney Ron Filipkowski, was posted to Twitter with the caption: “As Mike Lindell concludes his 96-hour marathon to convince America to rise up and demand the Supreme Court accept his case. He sounds pretty damn beaten down and defeated. Poor guy.”

He said: “If you have a voice you have got to speak out, we are going to be that voice.”

Lindell then started to say he would be back before trailing off and looking down away from the camera. He then stopped speaking as he tapped a pen on the desk before continuing.

He said: “Everybody watching, it depends on all of you now. We have got the tools and we are going to be back and talk about the pathway forward.”

Mike Lindell on Freedom Patriot Network
Mike Lindell’s 96-hour TV marathon ended in failure.
Freedom Patriot Network

During the stream, Newsweek also reported on the low number of viewers despite the claim by Lindell that millions were watching. On the Youtube stream of the event, only a dozen people were watching the event.

Posted on Lindell’s Youtube channel, Freedom Patriot Network, the stream ended with 9,164 views.

The exact viewing figures are unclear as the event was also being streamed on Lindell’s own platforms, Frank Speech, and Lindell TV where viewing figures are not shared publicly.

On Wednesday, Lindell held a protest outside the Fox News headquarters in Manhattan in the hopes the network would start covering his election fraud case. Only a handful of protesters joined the pillow salesman in the rally, where they could be seen on camera chanting “”Shame on Fox, shame on Fox.”

Newsweek has contacted Lindell for comment.

Mike Lindell
Mike Lindell, CEO of My Pillow, speaks during a campaign rally held by U.S. President Donald Trump at the Target Center on October 10, 2019 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Mike Lindell ended his online Marathan after 96 hours
Stephen Maturen/Getty Images

Continue Reading

News

Omicron crypto token surges to record highs after new Covid variant is named

Published

on

Written by Shankhyaneel Sarkar | Edited by Poulomi Ghosh, Hindustan Times, New Delhi

An obscure cryptocurrency named Omicron surged after the World Health Organization (WHO) named the coronavirus variant first found in southern African nations South Africa and Botswana. Cryptocurrency experts say that the currency surged owing to a similar name to that of the new variant of Coronavirus.

The news of the Covid-19 variant affected world markets along with cryptocurrencies but the Omicron coin remained resilient, according to finance and cryptocurrency news website CoinDesk.

OMIC, the native coin of decentralized reserve currency protocol, picked up a bid near $70 earlier on Friday and rose to $711 on Sunday, the CoinDesk report said citing crypto.com.

The report also highlighted the rise as an example of ‘peak irrationality’ since the cryptocurrency rallied owing to its name’s likeness to the Covid-19 variant. It also said that OMIC is far from being a ‘safe haven asset’. The OMIC coin is built on Ethereum scaling technology Arbitrum, CoinDesk said in its report.

The bond-based yield farming project started out in early November as a fork of the OlympusDAO DeFi protocol. The token rose to $689 on Monday.

Close Story

Continue Reading

Trending