Connect with us

News

Marilyn Manson sued by Jane Doe for alleged rape, sexual battery in Los Angeles

Published

on

Another woman has come forward, accusing Marilyn Manson of sexual assault.

The woman, identified as “Jane Doe,” sued the musician Friday in Los Angeles Superior Court for sexual assault, sexual battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress, a complaint obtained by Fox News confirms.

The woman claims to have been exploited and victimized by the rocker, whose real name is Brian Warner, “during and after their relationship in 2011.”

“Defendant lured Plaintiff, a musician, into what was, at first, a consensual romantic relationship. A short time later, however, he raped Ms. Doe. He also subjected Ms. Doe to further degrading acts of sexual exploitation, manipulation, and psychological abuse,” the complaint alleges.

An attorney for Manson did not immediately return Fox News’ calls seeking comment.

MARILYN MANSON WANTED ON ACTIVE ARREST WARRANT IN NEW HAMPSHIRE: POLICE

Actress Evan Rachel Wood (right) accused rocker Marilyn Manson (left) of "horrifically abusing" her. The two were engaged in 2010.

Actress Evan Rachel Wood (right) accused rocker Marilyn Manson (left) of “horrifically abusing” her. The two were engaged in 2010.
(John Shearer/WireImage/Getty Images)

The woman claims in the suit to have met Warner in February 2011 at a pre-Grammys party. Days later, she said he began communicating with her through text, phone calls and emails. When requesting her presence at his property a short time later, Doe claims the rocker informed the her that his assistant, Ashley Walters, would “be present to act as a ‘chaperone.’”

She claims Warner “aggressively” pursued her despite Walters being present. Warner “showered her with compliments and bizarrely spray-painted a phase in his bedroom regarding Plaintiff’s nationality,” the complaint claims.

The woman claims Warner told her he loved her within two weeks of meeting her and shortly after he gave her a key to his apartment. He would later “demand” she move in with the musician and became “increasingly controlling,” she claims in the filing.

“If Plaintiff did not respond to Warner’s texts immediately, he would call her angrily, demanding to know where she was and who she was with. Warner would make such texts and calls at any time of day or night, and he expected Plaintiff to respond or answer immediately,” according to the suit.

During their time living together, the plaintiff alleges “Warner demanded extremely frequent sex. …He interrupted her sleep approximately every hour or two to demand sex.”

MARILYN MANSON’S ONGOING ABUSE SCANDAL LED BY EVAN RACHEL WOOD DISRUPTS MUSIC, TV CAREER

At one point when Doe went to return Warner’s house key, she claims he “forcibly pushed her to the ground” and raped her. He later threatened “to kill” the plaintiff, the suit alleges, further claiming that “he also bragged that he would ‘get away with it’ if he indeed murdered her.

Marilyn Manson was dropped from both of his roles on "Creepshow" and "American Gods" after abuse allegations first surfaced against him earlier this year.

Marilyn Manson was dropped from both of his roles on “Creepshow” and “American Gods” after abuse allegations first surfaced against him earlier this year.
(Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP)

Also in the filing, Doe claims Warner said he wanted to “kill” his ex-fiancee, Evan Rachel Wood.

“Warner told Plaintiff about his relationship with Evan Rachel Wood and that he had wanted to kill her. He told Plaintiff about a time he had tied Ms. Wood to a chair and pointed a gun at her. He said he considered killing Ms. Wood, but then decided to be merciful. Warner recounted a story about the previous Christmas Day, when he had called Ms. Wood 158 times and cut himself every time she did not answer the phone,” the filing alleges.

The plaintiff also detailed an alleged disturbing video Warner made her watch that he claimed was filmed in 1996. The video showed him performing oral sex on his bandmate Twiggy Ramirez using a condom, the plaintiff alleges, and later showed a “young fan” tied to a chair as Manson allegedly removed her shirt and forced her to drink a glass of one of the band member’s urine before pistol-whipping her.

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

Warner continued to act violently against the fan, Doe claims, and when it ended she “remembers crying and asking repeatedly if the girl in the video was dead,” a question the plaintiff claims Warner would not answer.

The plaintiff said it wasn’t until learning of another sexual assault lawsuit filed against Warner in February 2021 that the memories she “repressed” for years “put her on notice of her potential causes of action related to the rape.”

“To the extent that any of Plaintiff’s causes of action otherwise may have expired by the time this action was filed, the statute of limitations period for her causes of action were tolled and are therefore timely,” the suit states.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

The plaintiff is demanding a jury trial and compensatory damages for “pain, suffering, mental anguish, emotional distress, humiliation and inconvenience.”

An attorney for the plaintiff called the allegations against Mansion “beyond scary” in a statement to Fox News on Saturday.

“He needs to be held accountable for his vile and traumatizing misconduct. We are confident other victims will come forward shortly. I feel terrible for all of his victims,” said attorney Adam Shaw.

The May 28 filing comes just days after Manson’s former assistant filed a lawsuit of her own. The 37-year-old Walters’ suit, filed in Los Angeles, accuses Manson of sexual assault, battery and harassment.

If you or someone you know is suffering from abuse, please contact the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-4673.

Continue Reading

News

Watch the cast of Ice Age kill or be killed in this Jurassic World Evolution 2 mod

Published

on

Frontier’s latest management game Jurassic World Evolution 2 has already been out for a few weeks and users are creating some truly wonderful mods for the dinosaur strategy title. However, this new mod adds the cast of the animated Ice Age movies to Jurassic World Evolution 2, and it’s both lovable and massively horrifying.

There have been five Ice Age movies since 2002, but the rather simply-titled “Ice Age replacer mod” by NanoLancensis adds the core cast of the original movie to Jurassic World Evolution 2 in the form of replacements for various dinosaurs. Manny the mammoth replaces the Nasutoceratops, Diego the saber-toothed tiger replaces the Chungkingosaurus, Sid the sloth is the Homalocephale, and series mascot Scrat the squirrel-rat thing replaces the Compsognathus.

It’ll certainly be a shock for anyone wanting early mammals like mammoths in the game and getting these wacky versions instead, as players have been hoping to see in a DLC pack based on the Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous animated series. It’s a cartoon at least, we suppose.

What makes it a little less adorable is the knowledge that this beloved cast of cartoon characters can not only escape and eat humans wandering the park but also that they themselves can get killed and eaten by other animals too – including each other. As NanoLancensis stresses, Manny and Diego – friends in the movies – “are species that cannot live comfortably together” so will happily kill each other on sight.

YouTube Thumbnail

You can check out our review of Jurassic World Evolution 2 right here. Our reviewer generally liked it but admits that “dealing with disastrous events beyond your control still isn’t any fun”. Would it be more fun with cartoon characters instead? Only one way to find out.

{“schema”:{“page”:{“content”:{“headline”:”Watch the cast of Ice Age kill or be killed in this Jurassic World Evolution 2 mod”,”type”:”news”,”category”:”jurassic-world-evolution-2″},”user”:{“loginstatus”:false},”game”:{“publisher”:”Frontier Developments”,”genre”:”Simulation”,”title”:”Jurassic World Evolution 2″,”genres”:[“Simulation”]}}}}

Continue Reading

News

Saudi Arabia to ease Covid curbs for travellers from all countries | World News

Published

on

The ministry added the travellers would need to quarantine for three days.

The order comes amid concerns over new strain of the coronavirus.(REUTERS)
The order comes amid concerns over new strain of the coronavirus.(REUTERS)

Updated on Nov 28, 2021 09:16 AM IST

Saudi Arabia will allow direct entry to travellers from all countries who have received one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine starting next Saturday, its interior ministry said on Saturday.

The ministry added the travellers would need to quarantine for three days.

Close Story

Continue Reading

News

COVID variant spreads to more countries as world on alert

Published

on

The new potentially more contagious omicron variant of the coronavirus popped up in more European countries on Saturday, just days after being identified in South Africa, leaving governments around the world scrambling to stop the spread.

The UK on Saturday tightened its rules on mask-wearing and on testing of international arrivals after finding two cases.

New cases were confirmed Saturday in Germany and Italy, with Belgium, Israel and Hong Kong also reporting that the variant has been found in travelers.

In the US, Dr Anthony Fauci, the government’s top infectious diseases expert, said he would not be surprised if the omicron variant was already in the United States, too.

“We have not detected it yet, but when you have a virus that is showing this degree of transmissibility … it almost invariably is ultimately going to go essentially all over,” Fauci said on NBC television.

Because of fears that the new variant has the potential to be more resistant to the protection offered by vaccines, there are growing concerns around the world that the pandemic and associated lockdown restrictions will persist for far longer than hoped.

Nearly two years since the start of the pandemic that has claimed more than 5 million lives around the world, countries are on high alert. Many have already imposed travel restrictions on flights from southern Africa as they seek to buy time to assess whether the omicron variant is more transmissible than the current dominant delta variant.

In Britain, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said it was necessary to take “targeted and precautionary measures” after two people tested positive for the new variant in England.

“Right now this is the responsible course of action to slow down the seeding and the spread of this new variant and to maximize our defenses,” he told a news conference.

Among the measures announced, Johnson said anyone arriving in England must take a PCR test for COVID-19 on the second day after their arrival and self-isolate until they provide a negative test. And if someone tests positive for the omicron variant, then he said their close contacts will have to self-isolate for 10 days regardless of their vaccination status – currently close contacts are exempt from quarantine rules if they are fully vaccinated.

He also said mask-wearing in shops and on public transport will be required and said the independent group of scientists that advises the British government on the rollout of coronavirus vaccines has been asked to accelerate the vaccination program.

This could involve widening the booster program to younger age groups, reducing the time period between a second dose and a booster and allowing older children to get a second dose.

“From today we’re going to boost the booster campaign,” he said.

Britain’s Department of Health said the two cases found in the UK were linked and involved travel from southern Africa. One of the two new cases was in the southeastern English town of Brentwood, while the other was in the central city of Nottingham.

The two confirmed cases are self-isolating with their households while contact tracing and targeted testing takes place.

The British government also added four more countries – Angola, Malawi, Mozambique and Zambia – onto the country’s travel red list from Sunday. Six others – Botswana, Eswatini (formerly Swaziland), Lesotho, Namibia, South Africa and Zimbabwe – were added Friday. That means anyone permitted to arrive from those destinations will have to quarantine.

Many countries have slapped restrictions on various southern African countries over the past couple of days, including Australia, Brazil, Canada, the European Union, Iran, Japan, New Zealand, Thailand and the United States, in response to warnings over the transmissibility of the new variant. This goes against the advice of the World Health Organization, which has warned against any overreaction before the variant was thoroughly studied.

Despite the banning of flights, there are mounting concerns that the variant has already been widely seeded around the world.

Italy and Germany were the latest to report confirmed cases of the omicron variant.

An Italian who had traveled to Mozambique on business landed in Rome on Nov. 11 and returned to his home near Naples. He and five family members, including two school-age children, have since tested positive, the Italian news agency LaPresse said. All are isolating in the Naples suburb of Caserta in good condition with light symptoms.

The variant was confirmed by Sacco hospital in Milan, and Italy’s National Health Institute said the man had received two doses of the vaccine. Italy’s health ministry is urging all regions to increase its tracing of the virus and sequencing to detect cases of the new variant first identified in South Africa.

In Germany, the Max von Pettenkofer Institute, a Munich-based microbiology center, said the omicron variant was confirmed in two travelers who arrived on a flight from South Africa on Nov. 24. The head of the institute, Oliver Keppler, said that genome sequencing has yet to be completed, but it is “proven without doubt that it is this variant,” German news agency dpa reported.

The Dutch public health institute said the omicron variant was “probably found in a number of the tested persons” who were isolated after arriving Friday in Amsterdam on two flights from South Africa. The institute said in a statement that further sequencing analysis is underway to determine for sure that it is the new variant. The results were expected Sunday. A total of 61 people were tested.

Israel said it detected the new strain in a traveler who had returned from Malawi and was tracing 800 travelers who returned recently from southern African countries. And Australia said early Sunday its scientists were working to determine whether two people who tested positive for COVID after arriving from southern Africa are infected with the omicron variant.

The variant’s swift spread among young people in South Africa has alarmed health professionals even though there was no immediate indication whether the variant causes more severe disease.

A number of pharmaceutical firms, including

, Moderna, Novavax and Pfizer, said they have plans in place to adapt their vaccines in light of the emergence of omicron. Pfizer and its partner BioNTech said they expect to be able to tweak their vaccine in around 100 days.

Professor Andrew Pollard, the director of the Oxford Vaccine Group, which developed the AstraZeneca vaccine, expressed cautious optimism that existing vaccines could be effective at preventing serious disease from the omicron variant, noting that most of the mutations appear to be in similar regions as those in other variants.

“At least from a speculative point of view we have some optimism that the vaccine should still work against a new variant for serious disease, but really we need to wait several weeks to have that confirmed,” he told BBC radio.

Some experts said the variant’s emergence illustrated how rich countries’ hoarding of vaccines threatens to prolong the pandemic.

Fewer than 6% of people in Africa have been fully immunized against COVID-19, and millions of health workers and vulnerable populations have yet to receive a single dose. Those conditions can speed up spread of the virus, offering more opportunities for it to evolve into a dangerous variant.

“One of the key factors to emergence of variants may well be low vaccination rates in parts of the world, and the WHO warning that none of us is safe until all of us are safe and should be heeded,” said Peter Openshaw, a professor of experimental medicine at Imperial College London.

U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken spoke Saturday with his South African counterpart, Naledi Pandor, and they stressed the importance of working together to help African nations vaccinate their populations, the State Department said in a statement.

It said Blinken praised South Africa’s scientists for quickly identifying the omicron variant and the government for its transparency in sharing this information, “which should serve as a model for the world.”

Continue Reading

Trending