Connect with us

News

Mike Lindell Misses Self-Imposed Deadline to File Lawsuit Proving Trump Won in 2020

Published

on

My Pillow founder Mike Lindell failed to meet his self-imposed Thanksgiving deadline to formally file a 2020 election challenge lawsuit with the Supreme Court.

Lindell, a staunch supporter of former President Donald Trump, has been a key promoter of the baseless conspiracy theory that 2020 election was “rigged” or “stolen” in favor of President Joe Biden. Although Trump and Lindell continue to tout the allegation, the so-called “evidence” they have put forward has been consistently discredited and debunked.

The pro-Trump businessman for weeks promised that he would finally file a lawsuit challenging the 2020 election results directly with the Supreme Court by Thanksgiving. He claimed that he would have the support of multiple states’ attorneys general—but their support did not materialize and the much-touted Supreme Court lawsuit was not filed.

“We will have this before the Supreme Court before Thanksgiving,” Lindell promised in September during an episode of former Trump administration official Steve Bannon’s War Room podcast. “That’s my promise to the people of this country.”

Mike Lindell at a Trump rally
Supporters of former President Donald Trump take a selfie with My Pillow founder Mike Lindell as they wait for the start of a rally at the Lorain County Fairgrounds on June 26 in Wellington, Ohio.
Scott Olson/Getty Images

On Tuesday, Lindell did publicly release a copy of his complaint which he hopes to file with the Supreme Court. “We are in unchartered [sic] territory as a Nation. The November 2020 election was stolen,” the complaint alleges before going on to lay out a series of debunked and discredited conspiracy theories and dubious claims. It takes particular aim at key battleground states—including Arizona, Georgia and Pennsylvania.

Lindell claimed this week that the Republican National Committee (RNC) has been working to block his lawsuit from moving forward. During a Monday live stream on his website Frank Speech, the My Pillow founder took aim at RNC chair Ronna McDaniel and the GOP.

“We believe that they [the RNC] have reached out to multiple [attorneys general] and put pressure on them, not to sign the Supreme Court complaint,” Lindell said.

“How dare the RNC try and stop this case from getting to the Supreme Court. Shame on you, RNC! You are worse than Fox now,” he added.

Newsweek reached out to the RNC for comment but did not immediately receive a response.

Lindell, who continues to advertise My Pillow products on Fox News, has repeatedly attacked the conservative network for declining to promote his baseless claims. The Trump ally even organized a small protest outside of Fox New headquarters in Manhattan, New York this week, after claiming that the network was “controlled opposition” during his live stream last Friday.

Speaking to Bannon’s podcast again on Wednesday, Lindell described Fox News as the “biggest election deflection ever.” He said it’s “disgusting what Fox has done,” lamenting that the network doesn’t “talk about the election of 2020.” The My Pillow founder suggested that his Supreme Court lawsuit could still move forward, urging listeners to contact their states’ attorneys general.

Regardless of Lindell’s claims, more than 60 election challenge lawsuits have already failed in state and federal courts. Even judges appointed by Trump and other Republicans have rejected the allegations. Meanwhile, recounts and audits in states across the country have consistently reaffirmed the 2020 election results.

Former Attorney General William Barr, who was widely viewed as one of Trump’s most loyal Cabinet members, said in December that there was “no evidence” of voter fraud that would change the election’s outcome. The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency at the Department of Homeland Security asserted last year that the 2020 election was the “most secure in American history.” That federal agency was led by a Trump appointee at the time.

Continue Reading

News

The Morning Show Season 3 Release Date, Cast, And Plot

Published

on

“The Morning Show” has not been renewed for Season 3. In November 2017, Deadline reported that Apple TV+ had given the show a two-season straight to series order, throwing its weight behind the prestige drama. Following the release of Season 1, “The Morning Show” garnered eight Primetime Emmy Awards nominations in 2020. Aniston, Crudup, Carell, and Duplass all took home top prizes for their performances. “The Morning Show” has a 64% approval rating among critics on Rotten Tomatoes and an 82% average audience score.

If Apple greenlights Season 3, production likely won’t begin until at least 2022. Seasons 1 and 2 premiered in the fall, so a third season could follow in this pattern. For now, it sounds like everyone involved needs time to decompress. “I think right now, I just finished a season that has taken two years. I am just taking a break! I do have a development deal [at Apple] and I am working on some other projects that I’m excited about. And, that being said, I love the show and I dearly love the cast of the show and I hope it continues,” showrunner Kerry Ehrin told The Hollywood Reporter.

Fans will have to keep their fingers crossed that they won’t have to wait too long to witness the future exploits of UAB’s dysfunctional family.

Continue Reading

News

omicron: ‘Omicron variant alert’: Australia detects first Covid Omicron infections

Published

on

NEW DELHI: The world has been put on alert, as countries scramble to contain the spread of the new potentially more contagious Omicron variant of the coronavirus, which was first detected in South Africa.
Many nations have imposed curbs on various southern African countries over the past couple of days – including Australia, Brazil, Canada, the European Union, Iran, Japan, New Zealand, Thailand and the United States.
Here’s a look at other important developments in the story so far.
Australia detects first Covid Omicron infections
The Covid Omicron strain has been detected in two passengers in Sydney who flew in from South Africa.
The health authority of New South Wales said it had conducted urgent genomic testing and confirmed the strain was present in both the passengers.

Bangladesh suspends entry of South Africa arrivals

Bangladesh has suspended entry of travellers from South Africa amid the spread of the Covid variant.
“We’ve decided to suspend travel from South Africa with immediate effect,” the country’s health minister, Zahid Maleque said.
The Bangladeshi government is also strengthening screening procedures at all ports.
Israel bans travellers from 50 African nations
The Israeli government decided on Sunday to ban the entry of foreign nationals into the country in an attempt to stop the spread of a new variant of Covid-19.
A list of 50 African nations have been labeled as “red,” forbidding Israelis from travelling to them.
The ban will last for 14 days. In addition, phone-tracking technology will be put to use again in order to trace people who are obligated to quarantine.
Indonesia bans arrivals from 8 African countries
Indonesia will not allow people who have been in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Mozambique, Eswatini or Nigeria in the past 14 days.
The restriction will come into effect on Monday.
(With inputs from agencies)

Continue Reading

News

Will The Knight Before Christmas 2 be released on Netflix?

Published

on

The Knight Before Christmas is one of Netflix’s festive films starring Vanessa Hudgens – the star of Netflix’s popular Christmas franchise, The Princess Switch. The romantic festive comedy made its debut on the streaming site back in 2019, and fans of the movie have wondered ever since if a sequel is in the works.

The movie followed the story of a medieval knight (Josh Whitehouse) who after being be transported to the present modern-day through a mysterious occurrence, falls for a high school science teacher (Vanessa Hudgens) who’s lost her belief in love. The wholesome storyline had many hooked and rooting for the pair, so it’s no surprise many expected to see Sir Cole and Brooke once more on their screens.

So, is The Knight Before Christmas 2 happening on Netflix?

Read on to find out!

The Knight Before Christmas, The Knight Before Christmas release date update

The Knight Before Christmas – Josh Whitehouse, Vanessa Hudgens – Photo Credit: Netflix / Brooke Palmer

The Knight Before Christmas 2: Will there be a sequel?

While many were hoping for another installment of The Knight Before Christmas, as of this moment it appears that Netflix hasn’t made any official plans to add a sequel to the festive flick. However, the director of the first movie, Monika Mitchell previously spoke out on the possibility of a sequel and confirmed that it wasn’t completely out of the question. Which, we suppose, gives us some hope for a second film.

When asked about the possibility of the sequel she told Glamour magazine in 2019, “Of course I can see a sequel,” however, in the same interview she also made it clear that if they were to revisit the story it wouldn’t be focused on Sir Cole and Brooke, but “could offer an update on where they are”.

It should also be noted, that Monika’s comments on the sequel were from 2019, before the COVID-19 pandemic hit and forced a lot of movies (and TV Shows) to be delayed or canceled completely, so the status of a sequel could very well be up in the air.

We’ll be sure to let you know the second we get an update on The Knight Before Christmas 2. In the meantime, make sure to check out The Knight Before Christmas and the other festive films streaming on Netflix.

Continue Reading

Trending