Connect with us

News

Miles Teller jumped by 2 men after being ‘trapped’ in bathroom on Hawaii vacation, his wife claims

Published

on

Miles Teller was attacked by two strangers while vacationing in Hawaii, his wife claims.

Keleigh Sperry Teller, 28, took to her Instagram Story on Friday night claiming the “Whiplash” actor was “jumped by 2 men we have never met after they trapped him in a bathroom.” She did not share what injuries, if any, he sustained.

Keleigh’s revelation came hours after a TMZ report claimed the 34-year-old actor was “punched in the face” over a dispute about money. However, Keleigh said the details of the report were “completely false.”

Teller’s wife went on to claim the Maui incident is now being criminally investigated. Reps for Teller and the Maui Police Department (MPD) did not immediately return Fox News’ requests for comment.

MILES TELLER SENDS CRYPTIC TWEET AMID AARON RODGERS’ PACKERS RIFT

Miles Teller and Keleigh Sperry got married in early September 2019.

Miles Teller and Keleigh Sperry got married in early September 2019.
(Getty)

In a statement on Friday, a spokesperson for the MPD told People that police “responded to a report of an assault that occurred at a West Maui restaurant involving a male victim and one responsible party.” The spokesperson confirmed authorities are investigating the matter. The statement did not make mention of a second suspect and said it could provide “no further information” at the time.

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

The Tellers were joined earlier in the week in Maui by football pro Aaron Rodgers and his fiancee, actress Shailene Woodley. Photos posted to Keleigh’s Instagram showed the two couples cliff jumping and hiking.

Aaron Rodgers confirmed his engagement to actress Shailene Woodley in February.

Aaron Rodgers confirmed his engagement to actress Shailene Woodley in February.
(Getty Images)

In one post, Keleigh referred to her spouse, Rodgers and Woodley as her “soulmates.” The foursome also took a selfie with a picturesque body of water and sunset in the background.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“Happiness,” Keleigh captioned a series of photos of the group on Instagram.

Rodgers, 37, confirmed his engagement to Woodley, 29, back in February. The Green Bay Packers quarterback later said proposing was one of the best things that happened to him over the last year.

Continue Reading

News

Will the Omicron Covid variant cancel Christmas? | News

Published

on

The identification of a new Covid variant has sent shockwaves around the world as leaders scramble once again to close borders and reintroduce measures aimed at slowing the spread of the virus. The World Health Organization has said Omicron poses a very high risk of infection. Its ability to evade Covid vaccines is of particular concern, and the chief executive of the US drugmaker Moderna has warned there is no world where the effectiveness of vaccines is at the same level as with the Delta variant.

The Guardian’s science correspondent Nicola Davis tells Hannah Moore the variant is so new to scientists there is not enough data to predict how serious a threat it could pose, but the next two weeks will be crucial.

However, the emergence of a new “variant of concern” is no surprise. For months scientists have warned that the inequitable distribution of vaccines means that with so many people unvaccinated, there is huge scope for dangerous new variants to mutate.



Woman in a protective suit and mask holding a test tube with a sample suspected to be infected with the Omicron Covid variant. Photograph by Maxym Marusenko/NurPhoto/Rex/Shutterstock

Photograph: Maxym Marusenko/NurPhoto/REX/Shutterstock

Support The Guardian

The Guardian is editorially independent.
And we want to keep our journalism open and accessible to all.
But we increasingly need our readers to fund our work.


Support The Guardian

Continue Reading

News

EU countries should discuss mandatory Covid-19 vaccination: Von der Leyen

Published

on



The European Union (EU) should start a discussion on whether mandatory vaccinations are needed in the fight against the ongoing surge in Covid-19 cases, especially since a third of the EU population had not yet taken the jab, European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen said in Brussels.


Acknowledging that such a decision was “pure member state competence,” she noted that around 150 million people in the EU had not taken the jab.





“I think it is understandable and appropriate to lead this discussion now — how we can encourage and potentially think about mandatory vaccination within the EU,” she added on Wednesday during a news conference.


“We have the vaccines, the life-saving vaccines, but they are not being used adequately everywhere,” she said.


Von der Leyen added that the EU’s main Covid-19 vaccine provider, BioNTech or Pfizer, would have shots available for children in the bloc in two weeks, Xinhua news agency reported.


The Commission President said there was not enough information on the new Covid-19 variant, Omicron, which the World Health Organization said poses a high risk.


“We do not know all about this variant but know enough to be concerned,” she added.


“We know from our experience with the Delta variant that it is a race against time. Till we know more, in two to three weeks, we need to take action. Our best scientists are working day and night. What science tells us already is that full vaccination and boosters give protection against the virus.”


–IANS


int/khz/


 

(Only the headline and picture of this report may have been reworked by the Business Standard staff; the rest of the content is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

Dear Reader,

Business Standard has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on developments that are of interest to you and have wider political and economic implications for the country and the world. Your encouragement and constant feedback on how to improve our offering have only made our resolve and commitment to these ideals stronger. Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we continue to remain committed to keeping you informed and updated with credible news, authoritative views and incisive commentary on topical issues of relevance.

We, however, have a request.

As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more, so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Our subscription model has seen an encouraging response from many of you, who have subscribed to our online content. More subscription to our online content can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. We believe in free, fair and credible journalism. Your support through more subscriptions can help us practise the journalism to which we are committed.

Support quality journalism and subscribe to Business Standard.

Digital Editor

Continue Reading

News

Covid-19: Districts in west, north Tamil Nadu see high number of cases | Chennai News

Published

on

CHENNAI: The state has seen a steady drop in fresh Covid-19 cases; it reported 718 new cases on Wednesday compared to 990 cases on November 1. In the last four weeks, weekly average test positivity rate has also come down marginally from 0.8% to 0.7%, health officials said.
Seven districts – Tiruppur, Namakkal, Chengalpet, Coimbatore, Salem, Erode and Karur – have weekly average test positivity rate above 1%. “Whole genome sequencing reports show that more than 95% of the people carry the Delta variant. While we are strengthening surveillance to prevent entry or spread of Omicron, we have told all districts to ensure they continue to trace and test cases within the state,” said health secretary J Radhakrishnan.
Some districts in the west and north continue to report a high number of new cases. The eight western districts together reported 356 cases on Wednesday, while the districts in the north reported 260 new cases. Districts in the central and south zones reported 62 and 40 cases respectively on Wednesday.
While Coimbatore (118) and Chennai (117) are still reporting cases in three digits, Chengalpet, Erode and Tirupur are among the districts that report more than 50 new cases a day.
Fresh Cases have been hovering around 100 to 125 for nearly a month in Chennai and Coimbatore. Officials said the two districts have been seeing clusters from family reunions, workplaces and educational institutions.
“With fall in cases we have been seeing a steep fall in the number of people wearing masks,” said health minister Ma Subramanian. “Maintaining social distance and washing hands with soap and water are practices we must continue to follow. People should also get themselves vaccinated as early as possible,” he said.
Until Tuesday, 79% of adults in Tamil Nadu had taken the first dose of the vaccine and 44% of them were completely vaccinated. More than 2.6 lakh people took the Covid 19 vaccine at the government vaccination centres on Wednesday.
The number of active cases stood at 8,200. The 11 deaths reported on Wednesday took the cumulative toll to 36,492 and the cases tally reached 27.27 lakh.
Of the 11 deaths, there were two each in Coimbatore, Chennai and Salem and one death each in Chengalpet, Tiruppur, Trichy, Thanjavur and Dindigul. Thirty districts reported zero deaths.

Continue Reading

Trending