Connect with us

News

Miles Teller Was Reportedly Punched in the Face While on Vacation

Published

on

  • Miles Teller was reportedly punched in the face while on vacation in Hawaii, according to TMZ.
  • The altercation allegedly occurred at a Maui restaurant where Teller and his wife were dining.
  • But Teller’s wife Keleigh Sperry later called TMZ’s report “completely false.” 
  • Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.

Miles Teller was reportedly punched in the face while on vacation in Hawaii, but his wife said the report was untrue in a statement posted to social media Friday. 

“The story reported about Miles being punched in the face by @TMZ over ‘money’ is completely false,” Teller’s wife Keleigh Sperry Teller wrote on her Instagram story

“Miles was jumped by 2 men we have never met after they trapped him in a bathroom,” she continued. “It seems these same men have done this to many people and we appreciate your support Maui. This is now a criminal investigation.” 

Sperry Teller’s statement was also reshared by actress Shailene Woodley, who was vacationing with the Tellers in Maui along with her fiancé Aaron Rodgers. 

TMZ first reported on Friday that Teller had been punched in the face while he and Sperry Teller were eating dinner at a Maui restaurant. 

Teller and an unknown man reportedly got into an argument outside the bathroom at the restaurant, with the altercation ending when the man punched Teller.

According to TMZ’s report, the man who assaulted Teller was a wedding planner angry over $60,000 the actor allegedly owed him for his 2019 Maui wedding to Sperry Teller — a claim Sperry Teller appeared to dispute in her Instagram statement. 

Representatives for Teller didn’t immediately respond to Insider’s requests for comment. 

The Maui Police Department said in a statement obtained by People that “police responded to a report of an assault that occurred at a West Maui restaurant involving a male victim and one responsible party. The incident is currently under investigation; no further information is available at this time.” 

Continue Reading

News

Trial starts in alleged Fremont murder-for-hire plot with $800,000 motive

Published

on

OAKLAND — Three years after they were arrested and charged with carrying out a murder plot motivated by $800,000 worth of insurance policies, a Bay Area man and woman are in front of an Alameda County jury.

Maria Moore, 53, and Marvel Salvant, 49, are on trial facing charges that they murdered Dominic Sarkar, 56, a Fremont man and executive chef who was listed as Moore’s domestic partner, despite her allegedly telling police she and him had an “occasional” relationship. Prosecutors claim Moore hired Salvant as a hitman and wired him $500 after the October 2018 homicide.

During opening statements on Monday, the defense attacked the Fremont police investigation and predicted that the prosecution’s case would unravel during the trial, which is expected to span several weeks.

Deputy district attorney Alex Hernandez went through the evidence he expects will prove both defendants’ roles in the crime. He said in the two years leading up to Sarkar’s killing, Moore purchased two life insurance policies for $500,000 and $300,000. He also said surveillance footage of the area shows a car similar to Salvant’s circling and parking near the crime scene, and added that the two were observed meeting after the time of the homicide.

Authorities also wiretapped Salvant’s phone, conducted extensive surveillance on him, and said that Salvant confessed in a conversation recorded by authorities.

“I’m an evil person … I committed a cardinal sin … I already did it. So, ain’t no turning back from here,” Salvant allegedly told one person.

Deputy public defender Christina Moore, who represents Salvant, said authorities had a much better suspect whom they completely ignored. He matched a description provided by an eyewitness and was found with gunshot residue, yet investigators never honed in on him the way they did with her client, Moore said.

“With everything I just told you you may be wondering how Marvel Savant even became a suspect,” Moore said. With regards to the alleged confession, Moore said prosecutors simply “cherry picked” pieces from an extensive wiretap to make her client look as guilty as possible.

During his brief opening statement, Moore’s attorney, Darryl Stallworth, simply encouraged jurors to keep an open mind and consider all the evidence.

Continue Reading

News

Disney+ Superhero Series Extraordinary Reveals New Cast Members

Published

on

Disney+ has announced the primary cast for their upcoming non-Marvel superhero show Extraordinary, which centers on a young woman who is the only person on Earth with no superpowers. The cast will be headed up by Máiréad Tyers, who is set to star in Thor director Kenneth Branagh’s upcoming film Belfast. She will star in the eight-part series alongside Poldark’s Sofia Oxenham and Derry Girls’ Siobhán McSweeney. Per the official synopsis, Tyers stars as Jen, “a young, painfully self-aware woman who lives in a world where everyone has a superpower except her.”

Per Deadline, who first reported the casting, Extraordinary is one of the first UK originals for Disney+, announced along with The Ballad of Renegade Nell and Wedding Season

Siobhán McSweeney, who plays Sister Michael on Channel 4’s Derry Girls, is Jen’s mother, and Oxenham will play Jen’s best friend. Other stars already cast for the project include Bilal Hasna, Luke Rollason, Safia Oakley-Green, and Robbie Gee. The series is written by debut writer Emma Moran and is currently in production, filming around London.

Continue Reading

News

The Sandman release date confirmed for 2022

Published

on

Neil Gaiman’s The Sandman is a beloved modern classic. The comic book series–centered on Morpheus, the Dream King, and his quest to reclaim his power after being imprisoned–is getting its own Netflix adaptation.

The streamer has been the home of more than one high profile fantasy over the last few years. In 2019, The Witcher snagged mainstream pop culture’s attention and is set to do so again with its second season on Dec. 17. Earlier this year, Shadow and Bone took the top fantasy spot on Netflix, and it looks like The Sandman will do the same in 2022.

On Tuesday, Nov. 30, Netflix Geeked announced more than a handful of upcoming titles for subscribers to expect next year.

Sandwiched in-between Resident Evil and Stranger Things season 4 was The Sandman. So, it won’t be too much longer before fans can binge watch the 11 episode season which will cover storylines from the first two volumes of the comic book series, Preludes and Nocturnes and The Doll’s House, according to Rotten Tomatoes.

Here’s when the series could land on Netflix.

The Sandman release date predictions

What’s on Netflix reports that filming wrapped on The Sandman in July. As such we’re likely see the series launch its freshman run in either the spring or early summer 2022. We’ll keep you posted on more release date news as it comes in.

For information on The Sandman cast, including their character descriptions, click through to the next page for a rundown of who will make an appearance in season one.

Wondering if a new season of your favorite genre series is coming to Netflix in 2022? Check out the full list of announced Netflix originals hitting the platform next year including Mike Flanagan’s upcoming series, The Midnight Club, and the third season of Umbrella Academy!

Continue Reading

Trending