Naxal Attack in Chhattisgarh: 3 jawans killed as Maoists target bus carrying security forces in Bastar | Raipur News

0
7
RAIPUR: At least three security personnel of District Reserve Guards (DRG) and a driver were killed as Maoists blew up their bus in Chhattisgarh’s Narayanpur district on Tuesday.
This is the biggest Maoist attack of the year so far in the Naxalite-hit region.
The bus was crossing a bridge over a culvert, under which the Maoists had planted a powerful Improvised Explosive Device (IED).
Bastar range inspector general of police P Sundarraj said that four people were killed, including three jawans and the driver of bus.

He added that sufficient reinforcement has been sent to the spot.
Speaking to TOI, Narayanpur Superintendent of police Mohit Garg said, “About 40 jawans were returning in a bus after an anti-Naxalite operation carried out in forests of Abujhmad. When they were about 55 kilometers away from the destination, they came under attack by the Maoists present at the location. As the bus passed through a small bridge over the culvert in Kadenar region, the Naxalites triggered a blast. The impact caused the vehicle turn upside down, leaving three jawans dead on the spot.”
Nearly 15 security personnel were wounded in the attack, including three who are in a serious condition.
The injured personnel have been shifted to the district hospital and will be airlifted to Raipur for further treatment, the SP said.
The incident took place around 4pm on the Kanhargaon-Kadenar road.
Primary investigation suggests that some Maoists were present at the location in civilian clothes, keeping an eye on the movement of the bus which was carrying the jawans.
Earlier too, Maoists have followed a similar modus operandi wherein they plant an IED under a small bridge and extend an electric wire towards the field or barren land, with one of the attackers waiting for the vehicle to pass through.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here