Pacific man arrested for alleged DWI following disturbance at Eureka music store | Police Fire


A 34-year-old Pacific man was arrested for suspicion of driving while intoxicated not long after he had been involved in an argument about someone not wearing a mask at a music store. The incident began at about 6:30 p.m. March 4 at Eureka Music Center, 149 Eureka Towne Center Drive, Eureka Police reported.

Police were called to the store at about 7:10 p.m. March 4 after the suspect allegedly yelled at a customer who was not wearing a mask. The customer reportedly put on a mask, and by the time the officer arrived at the store, the argument had stopped and no one wanted to press charges, police reported.

While the officer remained near the music store to complete paperwork, he learned the man who allegedly caused the disturbance at the store had a suspended driver’s license. So, when the man get into a 2014 Volkswagen Jetta, the officer followed the car onto westbound Fifth Street, the report said.

Then, the man allegedly began speeding, and the officer stopped the car near Six Flags Road. The officer approached the driver and heard loud music coming from the car. The officer asked the suspect why the music was so loud, and he allegedly said he was going to jail so he might as well listen to some good tunes. The officer asked the suspect why he was going to jail, and he allegedly said, “You know,” according to the report.

The officer reportedly smelled alcohol on the man and asked him if he had been drinking. The man allegedly told the officer he had a “Natty Daddy (a large-sized beer) and had gone to Eureka Music to buy a guitar.” The suspect also allegedly told the officer he could feel the effects of the alcohol and just wanted to get home, the report said

The driver reportedly failed a field sobriety test, and the man was arrested and taken to the Police Station, where he allegedly registered a .164 percent blood-alcohol content. In Missouri, .08 percent is the legal limit.

The man was released to a sober driver and was issued a summons to appear in Eureka Municipal Court for suspicion of DWI, Lt. Michael Werges said.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here