Marvel’swriters scrapped a montage that would have seen Tom Hiddleston’s God of Mischief travelling to different time periods, collecting infinity stones, and having lots of sex.
, the latest episode in , premiered on Disney+ on July 21, and offered fans a behind-the-scenes look at the six-episode series centering on the MCU’s principal mischief-maker. The special explored the development process for the series, including one montage that didn’t make it into the show.
Taking a glimpse behind the curtain of Loki’s latest adventure, the hour-long special included a shot of a whiteboard that contained lots of scribblings of plans and ideas the writers had toyed with during pre-production.paused the frame and outlined a sequence in which the show’s titular character would have been seen getting up to some “crazy mischief.”
The eight-point breakdown detailing Loki’s antics reads as follows:
- Loki visiting different time periods.
- Doing crazy mischief, aka sex.
- Pivots to taking power.
- Collecting Infinity Stones.
- Has the Gauntlet, holds power, more sex, bi, alien, etc.
- Alone in the throne room. He’s taken power but is infected with thoughts that it isn’t “real” because of TVA’s control over free will.
- Returns to the TVA, gauntlet’s power down, Mobius is waiting for him.
- Loki gives honest answers to Mobius. Mobius shows the sheer power of TVA.
The writers ultimately decided against including this in the final cut, but director Kate Herron acknowledged that Loki’s sexuality was one of her top priorities upon joining the project, taking precedence over other story threads. In episode three, Loki wasduring a pivotal conversation with Sylvie.
Loki’s sexuality could be explored further in the show’s second season, whichafter a announced the renewal of the MCU Disney+ series. However, as she had always planned to helm a single run of episodes.
It’s the first of Marvel’s Disney+ series to officially announce a second season, with, and The Falcon & the Winter Soldier currently billed as an ongoing series. While we don’t know when Loki Season 2 might be released, we should perhaps expect .
Adele Ankers is a freelance writer for IGN.