Anewspaper doesn’t have to run a front-page statement about the Duchess of Sussex’s legal victory until it has had the chance to challenge the order, a judge ruled Monday.
The formerMarkle, 39, sued publisher for invasion of privacy and copyright infringement over five February 2019 articles that reproduced large portions of a letter she wrote to her father, , after her marriage to Prince Harry.
Judgeruled in Meghan’s favour last month. He ordered the newspaper to publish a front-page statement highlighting the duchess’s legal victory, and said the statement should also run on the website for a week.
The judge said Monday that the statement could be put on hold whileasked the for permission to challenge his earlier rulings.
“The defendants are entitled to ask theto look at their grounds and decide if those points justify the grant of permission to appeal,” the judge said. “To refuse a stay in the meantime would negate that entitlement.” , a former star of the TV legal drama “Suits”, married , a grandson of , at Windsor Castle in May 2018. Their son was born the following year.
In early 2020,and announced they were quitting royal duties and moving to , citing what they said were the unbearable intrusions and racist attitudes of the media. In an interview with that was broadcast earlier this month, the couple alleged that was the victim of racism and callous treatment during her time as a working member of the royal family.
Buckingham Palace said the allegations were “concerning” and would be “taken very seriously”.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)