Connect with us

News

When The Show Returns in 2022

Published

on

The Good Doctor is taking a mid-season pause giving Dr. Shaun Murphy a well-deserved break for the holidays.

Season 5 Episode 7 titled “Expired” ended with a cliff hanger and unfortunately for fans, they have a long wait until Episode 8 airs on ABC.

The Good Doctor has had winter breaks previously but this one might last longer than other seasons. This means we won’t know if Shaun and Lea recover, if Dr. Glassman moves away, or if Salen will face repercussions, for another few months.

When will The Good Doctor return?

ABC have yet to formally announce when exactly The Good Doctor will continue Season 5 but a teaser trailer played out on air after the end of Episode 7 gives us a vague timeline.

The previews for Season 5 Episode 8, which is currently untitled, revealed that The Good Doctor will return in the Spring. This means the earliest the show will return is March.

It hasn’t been confirmed which date exactly The Good Doctor will return, but it will likely take its place in the Monday night line-up as usual on ABC.

Freddie Highmore The Good Doctor
Shaun Murphy (Freddie Highmore) endured an emotional winter finale in “The Good Doctor” on ABC.
Jeff Weddell/ABC

What will happen in The Good Doctor Season 5?

The footage from the Episode 8 preview suggests the story will pick up directly from the events of Episode 7 where Shaun is blamed for the death of a baby. However, Dr. Lim knows it’s the fault of new hospital owner Salen Morrison. This is due to Salen’s cost-cutting measures which meant the medication Shaun used for the baby was expired.

Even though he was considering a move to Montana, Dr. Glassman could stay at St. Bonaventure a little longer after an emotional talk with his ex-wife Ilana Reeves. We also saw how much Shaun still relies on him after his emotional breakdown after the death of the baby.

Shaun and Lea’s relationship will have to be addressed as well after Shaun told her in a fit of rage that he couldn’t marry her after she lied to him.

Elsewhere, Alex and Morgan, or as the fans have affectionately dubbed them “Parnick,” look back on track after their dispute.

How many episodes of Season 5 are there?

It’s unknown how many episodes there will be in total for Season 5 of The Good Doctor but we could be set for the shortest season yet.

Seasons 1 and 2 had 18 episodes while Seasons 3 and 4 had 20 each. Season 5’s winter finale was Episode 7 and if that marks the halfway point then the total number of episodes this year could be just 14. However, the pandemic-affected Season 4 held its shorter mid-season break after Episode 5 and still went on to air twenty episodes.

You can catch up with the latest episodes of The Good Doctor on Hulu after they have aired on ABC.

The Good Doctor Season 5
Dr. Glassman (Richard Schiff) had an emotional encounter with his ex-wife in Episode 7 of “The Good Doctor” on ABC.
Jeff Weddell/ABC
Continue Reading

News

One year on from Biden’s election

Published

on

Continue Reading

News

Ex-defense secretary sues over withheld material from Trump era memoir | Trump administration

Published

on

The former US defense secretary Mark Esper claims in a lawsuit against the defense department that material is being improperly withheld from him as he seeks to publish an “unvarnished and candid memoir” of his time in Donald Trump’s cabinet.

The lawsuit, which was filed on Sunday in the US district court in Washington, describes the memoir, A Sacred Oath, as an account of Esper’s tenure as army secretary from 2017 to 2019 and his 18 months as defense secretary, which ended when Trump fired him in a tweet just days after the president lost his reelection bid.

The period in which Esper was Pentagon chief was “an unprecedented time of civil unrest, public health crises, growing threats abroad, Pentagon transformation, and a White House seemingly bent on circumventing the Constitution”, the lawsuit says.

Esper and Trump were sharply divided over the use of the military during civil unrest in June 2020 following the killing of George Floyd. Other issues led the president to believe Esper was not sufficiently loyal while Esper believed he was trying to keep the department apolitical. Firing a defense secretary after an election loss was unprecedented, but the opening allowed Trump to install loyalists in top Pentagon positions as he continued to dispute his election loss.

The lawsuit contends that “significant text” in the memoir, scheduled for publication by William Morrow in May, is being improperly held under the guise of classification and that Esper maintains it contains no classified information. The suit notes that Esper is restricted by his secrecy agreements from authorising publication without Pentagon approval, or face possible civil and criminal liability.

The lawsuit quotes from a letter Esper sent to the defense secretary, Lloyd Austin, criticising the review process. He wrote that he had been asked not to quote Trump and others in meetings, not to describe conversations he had with Trump, and not to use certain verbs or nouns when describing historical events.

The letter describes other problematic subjects and says about 60 pages of the manuscript contained redactions at one point. Agreeing to all of those redactions would result in “a serious injustice to important moments in history that the American people need to know and understand”, Esper wrote.

The suit itself says some accounts Esper relates in the manuscript under consideration appeared to have been leaked to some mainstream media “possibly to undermine the impact” it would have had in his book.

Pentagon spokesperson John Kirby said the department was aware of Esper’s concerns. “As with all such reviews, the department takes seriously its obligation to balance national security with an author’s narrative desire. Given that this matter is now under litigation, we will refrain from commenting further,” he said in a statement.

Esper, 57, a West Point graduate and Gulf war veteran, said in a statement that he had waited for six months for the review process to play out but found “my unclassified manuscript arbitrarily redacted without clearly being told why”.

“I am more than disappointed the current administration is infringing on my first amendment constitutional rights. And it is with regret that legal recourse is the only path now available for me to tell my full story to the American people,” he said.

Continue Reading

News

Covid: 12 more test positive at Thane old age home in Thane, tally touches 67 | Mumbai news

Published

on

Twelve more people tested positive for the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) at an old age home in Maharashtra’s Thane district.

With this, the total figure of infected patients in Matoshree old age home in the district’s Bhiwandi taluka climbed to 67, a report by news agency ANI said.

“Around 67 people, including five staff members, were found Covid-19 positive at an old age home in the Bhiwandi area of Thane district,” said Dr Kailash Pawar, civil surgeon of Thane Civil Hospital, adding that of them 59 had been fully vaccinated against virus.

On Sunday, officials said that 55 people were found to be infected at the old age home. The district administration has already declared Sorgaon village in Bhiwandi Taluka, where the facility is located, as a containment zone.

Among the patients, 41 were found to be suffering from co-morbidities, the district administration said in a statement on Sunday.

Thane has so far recorded nearly 5,70,000 cases and 11,581 deaths due to the coronavirus disease. On Sunday, 108 cases were reported while there was no report of fatality.

Besides the Covid-19 cluster in the old age home in the Bhiwandi area, Thane is also staring at a possible outbreak of the omicron variant.

A resident of the Dombivali area in the district, who came back from South Africa on November 24, has tested positive for Covid-19. An official said it is not yet confirmed whether the man was carrying the variant.

The man didn’t come in contact with anyone after returning from South Africa, Dr Pratiba Panpatil, medical officer of the Kalyan-Dombivali Municipal Corporation (KDMC), told reporters on Sunday.

Dr Panpatil said the patient has been admitted to the Art Gallery isolation centre of the KDMC.

Meanwhile, the Maharashtra government is likely to impose a seven-day institutional quarantine for passengers arriving directly from South Africa or transiting through the country.

(With agency inputs)

Continue Reading

Trending