You may also use the Twitch App to watch your favorite streamers closely. Moreover, Opera GX has an adblocker included, which is useful when you play games in your browser.
A free built-in VPN with unrestricted bandwidth is available as far as privacy is concerned.
Thanks to the world’s first web browser for gaming you can play without having to worry about errors that may get in the way.
2. Scan your PC for malware
Don’t also forget to scan your PC for viruses. Use an updated and powerful antivirus such as Malwarebytes.
This is one of the best in the cyber-security industry, offering all of your devices full protection. Malwarebytes is available for several platforms. The excellent track record in security comes from its high malware detection levels, superior speed, and outstanding performance.
Malwarebytes searches your PC for viruses, worms, trojans, rootkits, and other malicious software and removes it from your device completely.
3. Open your browser in Incognito Mode
- Start Google Chrome.
- Press the keys Ctrl+Shift+N simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Start Firefox.
- Simultaneously press the keys Ctrl+Shift+P on the keyboard.
- Start Microsoft Edge.
- Press the keys Ctrl+Shift+Ptogether on your keyboard.
- Start Internet explorer.
- Again press the keys Ctrl+Shift+P simultaneously.
- Start Opera.
- Press the keys Ctrl+Shift+Nat the same time.
4. Check the video format
Not every video format loads on all devices. You should thus verify that your video isn’t in one of the unsupported formats.
The supported types include .WEBM, .MPEG4, .MOV, .AVI, .3GPP, .MPEG, .MPEGPS, .FLV, .WMV, and .OGG.
You may have to convert your incompatible video file to one of the types accepted by Google Drive.
Additionally, Google Drive allows a maximum playback resolution of 1920 x 1080 so any video exceeding this won’t play.
If the video you’re trying to play isn’t one listed above, you can use an awesome tool called WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe to convert your video to any of these formats.
It has a modern UI, it’s easy to use and the results will be at a professional level after utilizing it.
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe can help you download videos, reduce their size, cut and merge clips, and even convert 4K UHD videos with ease.
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe
Use the best converter tool to transform any video into an accessible format with just a couple of clicks!
5. Open the video in a new window
- Double-click the video which has been refusing to play (All browsers).
- Check on the far top right of your screen and locate some three dots.
- Click them then select Open in new window.
6. Restart your PC/device
Restarting a device helps clear up any lingering faulty settings that could be preventing the video from loading. It also frees up system resources meaning your video will have a chance of loading from a clean slate.
7. Check your Google Accounts settings
- Visit Google.com
- Click on your profile.
An alternative solution to multiple accounts
- Right-click on the video.
- Select the Get shareable link option.
- Now Open a new browser tab.
- Paste the link then press Enter.
8. Check your network connection settings
A sluggish internet connection is also a potential trigger for the error oops there was a problem playing this video.
Simply check your internet connection settings to make sure it’s up and running. If the connection is good, reload the file and try to play it again.
9. Clear browser cache and cookies
- Open Chrome.
- Click More (the three dots on the far top right).
- Choose More tools then Clear browsing data.
- Select a time range or select All time to erase everything.
- Check the boxes next to Cached images and files in addition to Cookies and other site data.
- Finally, click Clear data.
- Restart the browser and try to play the video.
- Press CTRL+SHIFT+DELETE on the keyboard. The following window appears.
- Mark the checkbox next to the data you want to delete including cookies and website datas.
- Click delete.
- Restart the browser and check if your video will not play.
- Open Edge.
- Clickon the three dots to access settings
- Select Settings.
- Select Clear browsing data.
- Click Choose what to clear.
- Check the boxes next to cached data, browsing history, and cookies.
- Choose Clear.
- Restart Edge.
- Start Firefox.
- Click on the Library button.
- Now click History.
- Select Clear Recent History.
- Choose the time range whose history you plan to erase from the drop-down arrow.
- Click on clear now.
- Wait for the process to complete then restart your browser.
10. Reset the Google Chrome settings.
- Open Chrome.
- Click the three vertical dots.
- Click Settings.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Again scroll to the Reset and cleanup option.
- Click Restore Settings under this reset/clean tab.
11. Check your browser extensions
- Start Chrome.
- Click More (the three dots on the far right).
- Click More tools and select Extensions.
- Click Remove on the extensions you no longer want.
- Confirm your decision by again clicking Remove.
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Click More to open up the menu bar.
- One the menu appears, Choose Extensions.
- Now select the extensions you want to uninstall and click Remove.
- Start Firefox.
- Click on the menu button.
- Choose Add-ons to open the Add-ons Manager.
- Select the Extensions/ Themes panel in the displayed Add-ons Manager
- Select the add-on you want to remove.
- Click on remove.
- If prompted, click Restart now to complete the process.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the Tools.
- Select Manage add-ons.
- Now select All add-ons
- Select the targeted add-on.
- Select Remove then Close.
12. Uninstall and reinstall your browser
- Open the Start menu.
- Choose the browser you need to remove.
- Right-click it and select Uninstall.
By following all of these steps, you should be able to fix the error stopping your video from playing.
Let us know which solution worked for you by leaving us a message in the comments section below.